Greater Cleveland Youth for Christ
Welcome to the pursueGOD.org start page for Greater Cleveland Youth for Christ (www.yfccleveland.org). This page will help YFC teachers and students find the best resources to use on your own or with a mentor. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Browse Index: Get quick access to additional topics in our conversation library.
- Featured Now: Choose from our most popular topics and series just for you.
We’ve pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series for you. Click on a link below to expand.
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor.)
- Warm up with a few topics from the “FEATURED NOW” section below. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on one of our Bible reading plans. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring at our Mentor page. That’s where you’ll find our training playlists along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor. Registering makes you a part of our global team of Christ-followers who are helping the world pursue God.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
You’re not dating, and you’re good with it. So here’s what to say when people keep asking about your love life.
If you aren’t content with God alone, you won’t become content through a relationship with a flawed human being.
How old should someone be before they start dating? What should their mindset be?
Feelings of guilt aren’t entirely bad for those who want to honor God in this life.
Justin Khoe, Allen Parr, Michael and Amanda Pittman, and Joseph Solomon give valuable insights about dating and courtship for Christian men.
Bryan and Chasen talk about how it is important for students to intervene in their friend’s lives who may be thinking about suicide.
If you’re a true follower of God, you know that the Bible teaches that sex should be saved for marriage. But can you still cohabitate if you promise to be good?
Alyssa Bethke asks and answers the question, “What if girls actually believed we are who God says we are?”
Sports, family, money, success… what defines you?
Joe explains how to abstain from pornography as a Christian.
Our budget is a dead giveaway to our priorities. Take the challenge to step up your giving to God.
Jesus offers one simple idea that will change your views on saving money forever.
Christian dating is a strange, scary world.
People go through five stages or “thresholds” on their way to faith in Jesus.
Heading to college soon? Here are some simple and effective tips for Christians getting ready to leave home and enter a new phase of life.
Do you struggle with reading the Bible? Jefferson Bethke has some helpful tips.
The statistics don’t lie, cohabitation does nothing to ensure a healthy marriage. Instead, commitment is the key to success.
Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good for those who love God. But what does that really mean?
The Bible calls us to be sexually pure, even in a culture that encourages us to do whatever we want. But why do it?
Christians believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead. This isn’t a myth or a fable, but a fact of history.
Some statistics say that up to two-thirds of couples live together before getting married. How should a Christian think about this? Is it OK with God?
Why pursue God? The first and most basic reason is that it leads to the “good life” – a life of joy, freedom, and satisfaction.
Author Kevin DeYoung answers a question on the mind of many young Christians today. How close can you get to sin without sinning?
Many people deal with toxic thoughts – thoughts that are slowly destroying their lives and relationships. Here are three simple steps to destroying those thoughts and regaining your life.