Have you ever been really sick before, like: with a terrible cold, with the flu or with the chicken pox? It’s no fun, right!? Have you ever heard of this disease: the “gimmies”?
The “Gimmies” Are When You Always _______ Stuff You Don’t Really ______
It can have symptoms like these: you’re walking through the toy store and you’re always asking for more, you’re at school and your friend has a new gadget and you just can’t stand it or your little brother won’t give you the remote so you can watch your show and you get really angry. Here’s the problem with this terrible disease:
The “Gimmies” ________ Satisfy
There is always something: better, newer, faster or prettier out there.
When you come down with a case of the gimmies, it usually just gets worse and worse. If you don’t treat it right away, it just might make you into a “gimme monster.” You don’t want that! So here’s the good news: there is a cure!
The ______ For the “Gimmies” Is Being Happy With What God Has Given You
We may think we know what we want, but God really knows what is best for us. Stuff isn’t the answer to being happy. We need to trust that God will give us the stuff we really need. Memory verse!
Philippians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
So kids, talk to your parents or teacher if you think you might have a case of the gimmes. When you talk about it, you can fight this terrible disease. It’ll take some time to get cured, but with God’s help you can do it!
Answers: Want, Need, Never, Cure Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Make a list of things kids really want, like cool gaming systems, clothes, phones, etc. Why do kids want those things?
- Why can’t our stuff make us happy?
- What are some things God has given you? How can you show your parents (and God) how thankful you are for those things?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:10-11. Why can’t money make us happy? What’s a better way to view money?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]