Discover God’s truth
A small group will help you learn and understand the Bible. A weekly sermon is helpful, but in a small group, you can share and process the truth together. You can ask questions, test your ideas, and hear insights from others. Then the group can encourage you to put God’s truth into action in your life.
Build authentic relationships
In a small group, you’re more than just a face in the crowd. You are cared for and celebrated like a part of the family. You share joys and sorrows with others who face the same life situations as you. Relationships are not always easy, and neither are small groups. But the deep, lasting friendship are worth it.
Endure life’s stresses
Small groups provide great support in times of crisis, change and stress, when it really helps to know that people care. As you lean on your small group, you receive encouragement, stability, and security to see you through the rough times that nobody should ever go through alone.
Experience life change
People grow in small groups. As you grow deeper in your relationship with God, you begin to change from the inside out. The group helps you shape new habits and overcome old ones, based on the Bible. They provide the support and encouragement to put God’s truth into practice in everyday life.
Develop gifts and leadership
All of us have God-given talents and abilities that can benefit others. A small group is a great environment to discover and practice yours, because everyone gets to participate. You can try different roles. You can lead as much or as little as you want. But you can make a difference by serving in your small group.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Of the reasons listed above for joining a group, are there any that are new ideas to you? If so, which?
- Which one of these reasons resonates most with your life right now?
- What are some other benefits of being part of a small group that aren’t mentioned in the article?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.