Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
There are over four hundred references to singing in the Bible, but true worship goes beyond just singing songs at church.
Romans 12:1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
See Also: Church, Sermonlink, Worship
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How would you describe worship? Discuss.
- How has worship impacted your life? Explain.
- What are some ways that people can make worship more about themselves instead of about God? Explain.
- The Bible contains over four hundred references to singing and fifty direct commands to sing (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16). Why do you think worship in song is so important?
- Read Psalm 9:1-2. Is worship this easy even when life is difficult? Discuss.
- Think of a time when worship was difficult for you. How did you worship?
- Think of a time when worship was most meaningful to you. How did you worship? Explain.
- Read Romans 12:1. How would you define worship after reading this passage?
- What are some practical ways that you can demonstrate your worship to the Lord?
- After this discussion, would you change your definition of true worship? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Rethinking Church series. Click here for sermon resources.