Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Repentance is a true change of mind and heart about sin, resulting in a person turning away from sin and seeking to honor God.
- “Repentance” is about turning away from your old life to follow Jesus.
- Repentance is part of salvation.
- Repentance produces a changed life.
- Repentance continues throughout the Christian life.
Revelation 3:3 Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again.
See Also: Forgiveness, Repentance, Sin
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Define repentance. How does this differ from mere remorse or regret?
- Read Mark 1:15. What is the relationship between repentance and faith?
- Do you think it is possible for someone genuinely to trust in Christ for forgiveness of sins without also sincerely repenting for sins? Why or why not?
- Read Acts 26:20. Explain the difference between repentance and the fruit of repentance.
- Read Revelation 3:3. Why is repentance an ongoing necessity in the Christian life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Faith 101 series.