Hey kids! Today we are going to be talking about another outrageous story in the Bible. In this story Jesus and his disciples are in a boat trying to cross a big lake. Jesus was tired and decided to take a nap. Suddenly, a big storm started churning the waters and the rain came crashing down. The boat started to fill up with water. Here’s where the story gets interesting.
The Disciples Were _________
Have you ever seen a really big storm before? It can be really scary, especially when you’re in a boat! Storms cause really big waves to form and it starts rocking a boat back and forth until it flips over. That’s exactly what was happening to the disciples. Their boat was about to sink!
But then they remembered that Jesus was on the boat. He was napping so they went and woke him up and told him about the storm. He knew exactly what to do.
Jesus _________ the Storm
Jesus was so powerful and could do amazing and outrageous things. So what did he do? Well, he just made the storm stop. Just by saying the word, “Stop!” the storm went away. The disciples were so happy. Let’s look at what they said. Memory verse!
Luke 8:25b When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!
How crazy is that?! Even something like a storm does what Jesus tells it to.
Jesus Can Help Us with ________ Things
Jesus is so outrageously strong and powerful that even the wind and waves do what he says. Jesus can use his power to help us in our lives, too. Whatever your scary situation, Jesus will help you to get through it. Isn’t that great news?
So, put your trust in Jesus because he will help you when you’re scared just like he helped the disciples that day on the boat.
Answers: Scared, Stopped, Scary Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Have you ever been on a boat before? Describe where you were (ocean, lake, river) and what it was like.
- Why were the disciples scared on the boat?
- What was Jesus doing when the storm hit?
- What did Jesus do to help the disciples when they were scared?
- Read Isaiah 41:10. Why don’t we need to be afraid? Who is with us and will help us in the hard times?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]