Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
You may never be more like the devil than when you lie. So shut your big fat mouth!
- We lie because we think it will work better than the truth.
- The devil’s plan for your life is to get you to lie. (John 8:44.)
- God’s plan is to set you free with the truth. (John 8:32.)
1 John 1:8-9 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
See Also: Communication, Sermonlink, Sin, Truth
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What was the most outlandish lie that you told when you were a kid?
- What are some of the reasons that you are tempted to tell a lie?
- Read Ephesians 4:21-25. Make a list of what this passage says about life before Christ and what it says about life after Christ?
- How does lying reveal a lack of trust in God?
- Why do you think the devil chooses lies as a way to attack Christians?
- Read 1 John 1:9. What does this verse teach us about confessing our sins?
- Read James 5:16. Why do people tend to avoid confessing their sins to others? What is the blessing that you can receive if you confess your sins to others?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the My Big Fat Mouth series. Click here for sermon resources.