Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
The second foundational truth for any pursuit of God is about how to live after we’ve trusted Jesus for salvation.
- We live to honor God.
- The Spirit leads us.
- The Bible guides us.
- Other beleivers help us.
2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
See Also: Christian Living, Discipleship, New Believers
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- If you’re a Christian, talk about how your life has changed since you came to faith. Give a few specific examples.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16. Share a scripture verse that has been “useful” for you.
- Share a teaching from the Bible that surprised you when you first heard it. Did you obey it? Why or why not?
- Read Ezekiel 36:26. Describe the difference between a “stony” heart and a “tender” heart.
- Give an example of how the Spirit empowers us to live to honor God. How is this different from sheer willpower?
- Read Galatians 6:1-2. Share a time when another believer helped you on to the right path.
- Talk about why everyone needs a mentor. Do you have one?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of our Foundations series and the Faith 101 series. See also the youth edition and kids edition.