We asked some youth to tell us the truth about lies most kids believe.
The 10 Lies:
- Santa Claus exists.
- Follow your heart. (Jeremiah 17:9)
- If it feels good, it is good.
- Live it up now. (Hebrews 9:27)
- Habits don’t stick.
- Nobody loves me. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Life is pointless.
- If you love me you’ll agree with me.
- There is no God. (John 14:6)
- I can follow God tomorrow.
- Set Up: Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- So what did you think about the polka music?
- Which of these lies do you hear most often? Which of them have you believed? Explain.
- Read Jeremiah 17:9. What does this say about following your heart? Is it dependable?
- Read Hebrews 9:27. What do you think happens after you die? Do you think it matters how you live? Explain.
- What’s a bad habit you or a loved one has developed? What effect has it had?
- Make a list of the top 5 people who care about you. Of the people you know at school, who’s list would you be on?
- What choices do your friends make that you disagree with? How can you show them you love them even though you don’t agree with them?
- Read John 14:6. According to Jesus, how many paths are there to heaven? Do you agree with him? Do your friends agree with him? Explain.
- Takeaway: Write a personal action step based on this conversation.