Did you know that God wants a relationship with you? He doesn’t just want you to go to church! Being a Christian is a personal thing for every person: moms, dads and kids. So, God wants a relationship with you. Sweet! But there’s a problem.
Our Problem Is _____
According to the Bible, we are all broken because of sin. Sin is going your own way instead of God’s way. And everyone sins! Can you think of an example? Sin keeps us from having relationship with God, and that’s why it’s a problem. A big problem! But thankfully, there’s a solution.
Our __________ Is Jesus
The good news is that God wasn’t OK with leaving us broken and lost. He sent Jesus as the solution to our sin problem. What do you know about Jesus? Jesus came to earth, lived a sinless life, and died on cross. And he did it all to solve our sin problem and save us!
Galatians 1:4 Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
Our Response Is ________
But the work of Jesus on the cross does nothing for us until we respond. Jesus offers us the gift of forgiveness, but we need to reach out and accept the gift! That’s called “faith”, and it’s as easy as A-B-C: Admit you have a sin problem, Believe that Jesus died for you and Commit to going his way from now on.
When you’re ready for your faith moment, you can respond in faith with a simple prayer. Do it with a parent, mentor, or small group:
“Jesus, I admit I have a sin problem. I believe that you died on the cross for me and rose from the dead so that I could have life. I’m turning from my way now, and I commit to going your way from now on. I know you’ll help me to do this. Thank you for forgiving my sin and giving me new life. Amen.”
We Start By Trusting _______
Have you asked Jesus into your heart? If so, you’re a Christian! That means that you’ve officially started a relationship with God. And remember – you started by trusting what Jesus did for you, not by trying to do it for yourself.
Romans 3:22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
But this is just the beginning. Your relationship with God will continue to grow every week and it will affect how you live every day. That’s what we’ll talk about in the next lesson.
Answers: Sin, Solution, Faith, Jesus Parent Signature:_________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Make a list of the stuff you got for your last birthday. How much of it did you pay for with your own money? Who gave you your presents?
- Why is sin a problem?
- What did Jesus do to fix our sin problem?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-9. Jesus is God’s gift to us. What do we have to do to get that gift? How much do we have to “pay” God for it?
- Have you put your faith in Jesus? If not, are you ready today? Pray the prayer with your parents or teacher.
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]