See also the adult edition of this lesson.
Have you ever thought about why people go swimming at church? Well, it’s not really swimming, but people do go under that water. When we see this happen, it means someone is getting baptized. So, why do we do that? Let’s answer some important questions so you can decide if you’re ready to get baptized.
Does Baptism _______ Us?
Nope, getting baptized doesn’t save us from our sins. Jesus saves us from our sins the moment we put our trust in him. Baptism is what we do after we’ve trusted in Jesus because we want to tell the whole world that we belong to him.
Why Should We Get ___________?
Well, the first reason is because Jesus told us we should get baptized. And, when Jesus tells us to do something, we should do it! The other reason is because baptism is a symbol for something that happens in our lives when we meet Jesus. When we go into the water, we’re dying to our old sinful ways, and we come out of the water forgiven and free to live a new life that honors God.
Romans 6:4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
So kids, now that you know what baptism is, talk to your parents and decide if you’re ready to do it.
Answers: Save, Baptized Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Have you ever seen someone get baptized? What was it like?
- What does baptism symbolize?
- Who told us we should get baptized?
- Read Colossians 2:12. What does going into the water mean? What does it mean when we come out of the water?
- Kids: Have you asked Jesus into your heart? If so, when? If not, do you want to do it now?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]