Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Use this simple tool to talk about where you stand in terms of our full-circle picture of faith.
- On pursueGOD.org, we summarize faith in three simple steps: trusting Jesus, honoring God, helping others.
- What step are you in ? It’s important to reflect on where you are in your pursuit of God.
- Whether you’re a brand new Christian or have been following Jesus for a long time, remember that he wants to give us a rich and satisfying life.
John 10:10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
See Also: Foundations, New Believers, Spiritual Growth
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Where do you stand in your faith? Use the categories in this topic to explain.
- Do you have any questions about Jesus that are keeping you from putting your faith in him? Make a list and talk about each one.
- Read Romans 3:22. Have you ever trusted Jesus alone for your salvation? If so, when? If not, what is stopping you?
- Make a list of habits that honor God in this life. Do you need to grow in any of these areas? Explain. Are there some habits in your life that don’t honor God? How can you break those habits?
- Do you believe you are ready to mentor someone? If so, whom? If not, why?
- Read John 10:10. What does it mean that Jesus came to give us a rich and satisfying life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Faith 101 series.