Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
The first foundational truth for any pursuit of God is about how to get started in a relationship with him.
- Our problem is sin.
- Our solution is Jesus.
- Our response is faith.
Galatians 1:4 Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
See Also: Foundations, Just for Men, Trust
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What did you grow up believing about religion (Jesus, heaven, etc)?
- Read Romans 3:23. Do you agree that everyone chooses their own path? Give an example from your own life.
- Read Romans 6:23. Make a list of the ways sin can bring “death” into our lives.
- Why does it offend some people today to think that Jesús did 100% of the work to save us?
- Read Romans 3:22. Talk about what it means to be made “right with God”. Is it hard to believe that anyone can be made right with God by trusting in Jesus? Explain.
- Where do you stand in your pursuit of God (learn more)? Have you had your “faith moment”? If so, when was it? If not, are you ready to trust in Jesus today? Talk about getting to the faith moment.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Foundations for Men and Men 101 series.