Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
The Bible says that true spiritual maturity is not about how much you know, but how much you love.
- In the Great Commission, Jesus sent out his earliest disciples to proclaim the truth of his resurrection and make more disciples.
- The topics on pursueGOD.org are a great way to have a meaningful conversation with someone about things that matter.
- Foundations truth #3 is: “We mature by helping others.”
Ephesians 4:15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.
See Also: Christian Living, Discipleship, Mentoring, New Believers, Serving
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Give some examples of the selfish things young children do. When do they become less selfish?
- Give an example of an organization or industry where people serve less as they get promoted.
- Read Philippians 2:4-8. What can you do this week to begin to have more of a servant’s attitude toward others?
- Read and discuss Matthew 6:19-21. How does this affect the way you think about giving?
- Who helped you pursue God? How did they do it? Do you think you can help someone else pursue God? Why or why not?
- Make a list of a few people in your life who could benefit from your help. What practical things can you do to begin to reach out?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Foundations and Faith 101 series. See also the youth edition and kids edition.