Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- Jesus possesses divine ATTRIBUTES. He is eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, unchanging, holy, and sinless. These are all characteristics of God, yet they are attributed to Jesus.
- Jesus ASSERTED he was God. The Jews understood this was what Jesus meant because they tried to stone him after he claimed it.
- Jesus has divine AUTHORITY. He not only asserted he was God, but he did things only God can do, like forgive sins, raise the dead, and accept worship.
- Jesus’s enemies ACCUSED him of claiming to be God. It is clear that Jesus spoke and acted like God.
- Jesus was AFFIRMED by other New Testament writers. The earliest disciples of Jesus taught that he was God. To have done this, they needed to truly believe that he was God. They had seen, heard, and confirmed he was who he claimed to be.
John 14:9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?