A Personal Endorsement Gives A Thing Value
Walk through any Nike store and you will see shoes endorsed by the likes of Kevin Garnett, Lebron James and Michael Jordan. Nike is able to get all these stars to endorse a product and all of a sudden it has value and can be sold for so much more money.
With Whom Has God Given You Personal Influence?
You may not have the influence of Lebron James, Jordan or any of these athletes. But you do have influence over people in your life. Parents, you have influence over your children. Young people, you may have influence over others in your school or at church or in your neighborhood. Who looks up to you? Who values your perspective and opinions?
Will You Leverage Your Personal Influence To Endorse The Gospel?
These days the gospel means nothing to so many people. It just goes over their heads. People don’t understand the value of a personal relationship with God. If you can endorse the gospel, if you can put your name, your stamp on it, perhaps you can at least get those few people who you do have influence over to pay attention.
Romans 10:13-15 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news?
Lebron James endorses his Nike shoes and kids around the world wear the things. What about you? Will you endorse the gospel? Share it with someone in your world that you have influence with and you will change their entire life and their entire eternity.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What’s the most you’ve ever spent on a pair of shoes? Why did you spend that much?
- Make a list of some of the people in your sphere of influence. Why do they respect you?
- Read Romans 10:13-15. According to this passage, how does the gospel go out into the world?
- What would it look like to “endorse the gospel” in your world? What are some of the topics that would interest your sphere of influence? How can you relate those topics to the good news of the gospel?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.