Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Social media is new, but using words for good is not.
- God cares about all our words (even the digital ones).
- Digital words are just as real as the words you speak.
- Your posts, texts, and tweets should build up others.
Ephesians 4:29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
See Also: Christian Living, Gossip, Just for Young Adults, Social Media
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you use or enjoy using social media? What apps or platforms do you use?
- If someone only knew you from what you posted on social media, what would they think about you? Explain.
- Why are we willing to post things online that we would never say in person? Give an example if you have one.
- How can you use your social media platform to encourage others?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Students 101 series.