This topic is adapted from the Joey Bonifacio YouTube channel.
Most people want more out of life, and there’s nothing wrong with that. God wants us to have more, but sometimes we ask for the wrong things. What about you?
MORE Can Be:
MORE Can Also Be:
Ask for the Right Things
God wants us to have more, but sometimes we ask for the wrong things. When we ask God for the right things, he will respond. And he will give us more than we can ever ask for. But the key is to focus on Jesus, and ask for the right things.
2 Corinthians 8:7 But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also.
Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Make two lists: (1) the things you want more of and (2) the things God wants you to have more of. How much do these lists overlap?
- Make another list: the stuff you have too much of already. Why are those things important to you?
- Read Ephesians 3:20-21. What does this passage say about God’s capabilities? What do you think God wants you to ask for more of in your life?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.