Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Some Christians can’t help but approach God with a legalistic mindset. Is salvation by faith really that easy?
- The simple answer to this question is found in Foundations Truth 1: We start by trusting Jesus. (Romans 3:22.)
- The early Christians clearly had some major sin issues, yet Paul never questions their standing with God. (Colossians 3:5-8.)
- Trusting Jesus requires a simple, child-like faith. (Matthew 18:2-4.)
Romans 3:22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
See Also: Salvation, Sin
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- When you sin, where do you put yourself on the spectrum from guilt-ridden to sinning-and-happy-about-it? Does the severity of sin come into play? Explain.
- Read Romans 3:22. Explain this principle in your own words.
- Take a look at Colossians 3:5-8. This letter was written to a Christian church. According to the text, what sins had they struggled with? Do you think they were still struggling?
- How is trusting Jesus’ power to save different from trusting his perspective on life? Which one is easier for you to do, and why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.