Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Being a mom is a tough job. Being a step mom can be even tougher. But, if you have the right perspective, you can learn to thrive in your role as a step parent.
- The role of a step mom requires unconditional love and sacrifice.
- You aren’t trying to replace their biological mom.
- Your main job is to support your spouse.
Ephesians 4:2-3 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
See Also: Parenting, Blended Families
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How has your stepmom experience gone so far?
- What has surprised you the most about being a stepmom? What has challenged you the most as a stepmom?
- Read Ephesians 4:2-3. Of the qualities mentioned in these verses, which ones do you feel are most important to you as a step parent?
- Did you understand your role as a stepmom coming into the marriage? Explain.
- What advise would you offer to other women who are becoming a stepmom themselves?
- How can you better support your spouse in parenting your step kids? How can your spouse better support you in your role as a stepmom?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.