Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
In the midst of so many different religions in the world, Christianity stands out. This video highlights three ways in which Christianity is unique.
- We are saved by grace through faith. Jesus did it all for us.
- It’s all about relationship. We honor God because he has saved us, not because we want him to save us.
- God pursues us. We didn’t look for him first, he looked for us first.
Luke 15:20 So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.
See Also: Jesus, New Believers, Salvation
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some characteristics that you have seen in some of the different religions you have encountered?
- Read Psalm 46:1. In what ways does this verse speak to you about the source of our strength and the freedom that we have because of Jesus?
- Have you ever felt stuck in a situation where you realized you were trying to earn your salvation? Describe how you felt.
- Why do you think God is different than religion?
- Go back and read Luke 15:20. In what ways can you relate to the prodigal son?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.