This topic is adapted from the ThatChristianVlogger YouTube channel.
How old should we be before we start dating? What mindset should we adopt in regard to dating? It’s important to have a clear idea of what you want to put into and get out of a dating relationship before jumping headfirst into one.
- It is important to be intentional in your approach to dating. You must evaluate your relationship on your likelihood of being compatible in the long-term.
- You must also evaluate yourself for relationship readiness. It’s not just if you’ve found someone who is husband or wife material, but if you are husband or wife material.
- Jesus said, “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.”
- Many divorces arise because of problems related to finances.
- Justin’s mentor told him that if he wasn’t at least twenty-one, it wasn’t likely he was ready for a serious relationship.
Written content for this topic by Daniel Martin.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What qualities make someone a good potential spouse?
- On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate yourself as “husband or wife material?”
- “If your life is not yet complete with Jesus only, there’s no way a boyfriend or girlfriend will help that.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- What are you most focused on in life, or what are you seeking most?
- How is your relationship with God?
- What is your calling?
- What is your career?
- Why did Justin’s mentor tell him to wait until he was at least twenty-one to seek a serious relationship?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.