This topic is adapted from the PursueGOD Video YouTube channel.
Marriage is hard, and every couple can benefit from a marriage mentoring couple. Here’s how marriage mentoring works, using our online resources.
About the Mentors
Marriage mentoring is about one healthy couple walking with another couple to help them become healthy. It’s pretty simple. The mentoring couple is not perfect, because there is no perfect marriage. But they are committed to their marriage and have learned how to make it work. As mentors, they are simply willing to share what they have learned.
About the Method
Marriage mentoring is simply about conversations. The couples pick a conversation from our online library and get ready to talk about it together. Every conversation in our library has a video, an article, and discussion questions to help you discover truth on a variety of topics. The most important step in our method is your preparation. Both couples should come to the meeting ready for the conversation – which simply means that they’ve watch the video ahead of time and followed any links as necessary. Preparing ahead of time helps everyone to stay more engaged in the conversation.
How to Get Started
The first four conversations have already been chosen for you. Start with Marriage Basics which lays out the basic principles for a healthy marriage. It provides a simple framework of love, trust, and communication for the rest of your marriage relationship.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What excites you about mentoring? What worries you?
- Why are conversations important to the mentoring experience?
- What can go wrong if conversations are not structured and directed?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.