Have you ever thought about why it’s important to go to church? Maybe you go to church because your parents make you. Or because you get a snack from your kids’ church teacher. Or maybe you go because you have lots of friends there. These reasons aren’t bad, but there are some even better reasons why church matters.
Church Helps You to Connect to _____________.
This is important because the more we know about Jesus, the more we can connect with him. Let’s look at the Bible to see why that’s important. If you don’t have Jesus in your heart yet, talk to a parent or teacher about it! But this isn’t the only reason you should go to church.
Church Helps You to Connect to Other _________________.
You can’t be a great Christian all on your own. That’s why being friends with other Christians is really important. Let’s take a look at why it’s so important to connect with others.
Hebrews 10:24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
God wants us to love people and honor him with our actions. Other Christians can help us to do that. They can tell us when we aren’t being very loving and help us to have a better attitude. When Christian kids work together, we can make a really big difference in the world!
Church Helps You to Find and ________ Your __________.
Did you know that God gave each of us special gifts? The gifts he gives us help us to strengthen the family of God and help other people. For example, your gift could be that you’re a great singer so you can help lead the songs at church that helps to get other kids excited about God. Or, maybe your gift is to be really welcoming to the new kids that come to your church.
God gives us these gifts so that we can work together to honor him and to help other people to come to know Jesus, too.
Answers: Jesus, Christians, use, gifts Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- What’s your favorite thing to do at church? Why?
- Why is it important to connect to Jesus?
- How can your Christian friends help you in life?
- Read Philippians 2:1-2. How can you be loving toward your friends at church? How can you serve your teachers at church? How should you treat the new kids that come into your class?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]