Hey kids! Can you think of the worst day you have ever had? Maybe your dog ate your homework. Or your parents forgot to pick you up from school. Or you lost you favorite toy. Well today’s Bible story should make you feel better, because you’re worst day was nothing compared to a man named Job.
Job Was Very _____ and _________
That’s how the story started. Job was a very good person and he loved God very much. Also, he had a LOT of stuff. He had seven sons, three daughters, 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 500 teams of oxen, 500 donkeys, and many servants. He was the richest person in his entire town! But that’s not the point of the story, so let’s keep going.
Job ______ Almost Everything He Had
Here’s how it happened. Satan – the devil – came to God and said that Job only loved God because he was so rich and happy. But God knew that wasn’t true. God said the Job would still have faith even if he lost all of his stuff. So God let Satan put Job to the test.
First his oxen and donkeys were stolen. Then his sheep got burned up by a meteor or something. Every last one! And his camels? Gone! Someone stole all of those too!
And worst of all, his 10 children were together at a party. A big wind knocked down their house, and they all died.
You think YOU’ve had a bad day? Job had the worst day ever.
Job Decided to _________ God Anyway
Can you believe it? With all those bad things happening, some people would want to blame God or get angry at him. But Job didn’t. Even though he was sad that he lost everything he still praised the Lord. He said that the Lord gave him everything he had, and he can take it all away too, so he would still praise him.
That teaches us a very important lesson.
God Is ______ Us in Good Times and Bad
Did you notice the one thing that never changed in Job’s life? Whether he was rich or poor, whether he was happy or sad, God was always watching him. God was there the whole time, no matter what was happening to him.
And that same God is still here today. He knows what’s happening to you. He knows when you’re having a good day, and when you’re having a rotten day. And he wants you to trust him every day.
Job 2:10 Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad
When bad things happen, we shouldn’t run away from God. That’s the best time to run to God! That’s when we need him the most. So if your dog ate your homework, your parents forgot to pick you up from school, or you lost your favorite toy, you should worship God anyways. He is still with you – no matter what!
Answers: Rich, Happy, Lost, Trust, with Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Describe the worst day you’ve ever had. How did you get through it?
- Why did the devil want to test Job? What was God’s answer?
- What are some things we can learn when we go through hard stuff?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:-9-10. Jesus said we see his power more when we go through hard stuff. Why do you think that is true? How has God provided for you when you’ve had a bad day?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]