Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Followers of Jesus 2,000 years ago took their global mission seriously. Modern-day Christians should do the same.
- God’s people are called to pray for his workers around the world. (Colossians 4:3-4.)
- God’s people are called to make Jesus attractive outside the church. (Colossians 4:5-6.)
- God’s people are called to make disciples, whoever you are. (Colossians 4:17.)
Colossians 3:5-6 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
See Also: Evangelism, Sermonlink, Workplace
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- List some negative things that can happen to a person when they lose a sense of purpose.
- Why do you think it is difficult for people to establish a meaningful prayer life?
- Read Colossians 4:2 where Paul gives us ways to pray. (Be intentional, be alert, be thankful, be outward-focused.) Which one could you work on?
- Read Colossians 4:5-6 and share why you think God shares that it is important to “Walk in the way of wisdom.”
- Share some examples of how Christians have hurt the cause of Christ with their words.
- Read Matthew 28:19-20 and share how you can fulfill your calling to help others pursue God.
- Share what gets in the way of you telling others about Jesus.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Enough series. Click here for sermon resources.