Hey kids, today we are going to look at some more famous last words from another important person in the Bible. We are going to learn about a guy name Paul. Paul is probably the most famous Christian in history and God used him to get the Christian church started. His story teaches us how to fight hard and to finish strong.
1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called….
This verse reveals the last words Paul spoke before he died. See, Paul had a pretty hard life. He went through a lot of difficult things because he was a follower of Jesus. He was teased, beaten, shipwrecked, and even sent to jail. But through it all, he kept fighting for Jesus, even to the very end of his life. We’re not talking about bad fighting, like when you fight with your siblings because they’re bothering you. We’re talking about fighting to keep your faith strong and here’s how to do it:
Keep Your _______ on Jesus
Jesus will help you if you keep your eyes on him. Jesus is the one who saved us from our sins and he wants to help us live a life that honors him. So, if you want to fight for your faith like Paul did, you have to make sure you are spending time with Jesus. You do this by praying, reading your Bible, and going to church. Jesus really is the strongest person you’ll ever know and he can help you through even the hardest things. Here’s the next thing we need to know if we want to fight for our faith.
Remember that _______ Fights for You
This is the coolest thing of all. You aren’t alone. God is right there fighting with you.
Deuteronomy 20:4 For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory!
When you put your trust in him, nothing is impossible. You don’t have to be afraid or wonder if you’re strong enough because God will give you what you need.
Here’s the last thing you need to know in order to fight for your faith….
Find a “Band of ____________”
Have you ever heard of that? We’re not talking about a band that plays music, we’re talking about having a group of Christian kids who will help you fight for your faith. We need other Christian kids to help us. They’ll encourage us and help use be brave when we’re afraid.
So kids, next time you feel like you are fighting for your faith like Paul, remember these tips. It can be hard sometimes, but you can do it!
Answers: Eyes, God, Brothers Parent Signature:_____________________________
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Have you ever had to stand up to a bully at school? Explain. Have you ever worked really hard to accomplish something? Describe.
- Why was Paul famous?
- What are some of the hard things Paul faced as a follower of Jesus?
- What were Paul’s last words about?
- Read James 1:12. How does God bless us? What is our ultimate reward for following Jesus?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Download: K-1st Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Script (PDF)]
- [Download: Large Group Slides (ZIP)]
- [Go to: KC Leader Community (Google+)]