Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
The incredible complexity of organic life is seen by some as evidence that life was designed by an intelligent creator.
- Biologists can explain how cells work, not how organic life originated. The former is a question of laboratory tests, the latter is a thesis that is viewed as consitent with data we have, not on actual observed facts.
- The lines aren’t as clear as some people suggest. It’s often assumed by hardcore atheists that you either believes in science or you are a fool! Some scientists are not so convinced, but feel pressured to comply to go along with accepted norms.
- The basic building blocks of life are too complex to have arisen by chance.
Psalm 139:13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
See Also: Apologetics, Health, Skeptics
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Would you describe yourself as a “skeptic” of Christianity? If so, what makes you skeptical?
- Read Hebrews 11:6. What does it mean that it is impossible to please God without faith? How is this scripture relevant to conversations about science and God?
- Many Christians study medicine and science and have come to radically different conclusions about the origin of life than non-believers studying the same or similar fields. What are some takeaways from this fact?
- Do you think Dr. Koehler is correct to suggest that the complexity of life evidences an intelligent creator? Why or why not?
- “Good science will always point back to God.” Explain why you agree or disagree with this statement.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.