Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Talk to your friends about the message of Jesus, not the details of church.
- Don’t make someone feel like a lesser person just because they don’t have the same religion as you.
- Don’t be too quick to push your beliefs; hear the other person out.
- Don’t make it a lesson, make it a conversation.
- Focus on the love of Jesus instead of the technicalities of religion.
2 Timothy 2:16 Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more godless behavior.
See Also: Evangelism, Communication, Jesus
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever been part of a conversation that turned into a debate over religious beliefs? If so, what were your feelings during and after the conversation?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:16. How can this kind of foolish talk lead to other negative behaviors?
- How can you steer the conversation back to Jesus when the other person tries to bring up religious technicalities?
- What are some ways you can respectfully leave a conversation that is going in the wrong direction?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Students 101 series.