Welcome to the Studio Team! We want to make sure you understand what we’re all about, so read this page carefully. Then get ready to help us change the world!
OUR CORE VALUES
At PursueGOD.org, we believe real life change happens when people have honest, informed conversations. So we're building our tools on 3 core values:
We base our content on timeless principles from the Bible.
We work to explain things in a way anyone can understand.
We love giving away high-quality resources every week.
For the Studio Team, we do conversation-style videos to platform regular people who share biblical values in an accessible way. Our goal in the studio is to have a real conversation that can spark conversations for those watching.
We want to create a movement of people who pursue God, from spiritual seekers to faith newcomers to life-long Christians. We’re determined to re-define discipleship and get back to what Jesus envisioned from the beginning. We call Jesus’ brand of Christianity “full circle” faith, and it involves three activities:
We hope that you are going “full circle” in your pursuit of God. We believe our best content will be created by people who are actually using the tools we are creating.
Click here to train.
PREPPING FOR THE STUDIO
Typically we’ll build a “summary outline” for the topic before you come in to record the conversation. We’ll share this via Google Docs so you have an opportunity to include your own insights. A summary outline contains:
- Hook. This is a short paragraph explaining who the topic is for and why they should listen.
- Talking points. These are typically 3-5 main ideas that we’ll be developing in the conversation.
- Close. This often includes a recap and/or practical takeaways.
Studio recording is easier than you think. We’ll get mic’d up and framed in. Then we’ll just try to have a conversation. Act naturally and relax. Smile, have fun, and empower conversations. We’ll plan on recording two topics (5-8 minutes) in each 30-minute window. If we need to start over on a topic, it’s no big deal! Below are some general standards for our videos:
- 5-9 minute conversations
- Clear, concise, and compelling
- Keep the topic focused and actionable
- Remember that you’re sparking a conversation
After you record, you’re done! You can expect the video to show up on our site within 4-6 weeks. And when it does, be sure to share it on social media! Click here to learn more about prepping for the studio or see below for a sample conversation.
If you’re the interviewer in the studio, you’ve got a big job! Here are a few important tips:
- Relax. Smile. Have fun.
- Do a quick intro and get your guest talking within the first 30 seconds.
- “Today’s topic is for people who… and we’re talking with…”
- Keep the pace of conversation quick and engaging.
- Ask great questions. Don’t dominate the conversation.
- Read scripture when appropriate (there will be an overlay).
- Close with a clear action step.
- “Talk about this with your family, group, or mentor…”
Remember the goal: empower conversations. Keep it simple!