- Top 5 Verses for Anxiety
- How Do I Study My Bible?
- When God Doesn’t Feel Close Anymore
- How Forgiveness Works
- Developing a God-Honoring Work Ethic
- 5 Bible Study Tips for Rookies
- How to Make Your Faith Your Own
- What Is the Story of the Old Testament?
- God Isn’t Karma
- 3 Tips on How to Read the Bible
- What to Do When the Bible Doesn’t Make Sense
- How Do You View the Bible?
- What Is the Structure of the Bible? | Bible Basics for Youth #2
- Live Worthy of the Gospel (Students)
- Where Did We Get the Bible? | Bible Basics for Youth #1
- How Can I Know God’s Will? (Students)
- Trusting God When Applying to College
- Talk About Jesus, Not Religion (Students)
- What to Say When People Ask Why You’re Not Dating
- Search for Significance (Students)
- No Peer Pressure
- Does It Matter What I Say on Social Media?
- When Should You Start Dating?
- Everything That’s True of Jesus Is True of You (Students)
- Does Grace Mean I Can Do What I Want? (Students)
- The P-R-A-Y Method
- The What How About Prayer
- How to Hear God’s Voice (Students)
- 5 Reasons to Choose Joy
- How to Evangelize (Students)
- Go-to Bible Verses for Different Struggles (Students)
- Why Are My Prayers Unanswered?
- Should Christians Drink Alcohol? (Students)
- The Ridiculousness of Pop Song Lyrics (Students)
- How Come God Doesn’t Answer My Prayers? (Students)
- Teen Anxiety and Depression: How to Overcome
- When Your Parents and God Disagree (Students)
- The Temptation of Jesus | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- The Baptism of Jesus | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- Driven By Eternity (Students)
- Driven for the Good Life (Students)
- How Greed Works (Students)
- How Friendship Works (Students)
- How Emotions Work (Students)
- Moses: When You Get Stuck in Sin (Students)
- Moses: When Following God Stinks (Students)
- Moses: When Accidents Aren’t Accidents (Students)
- Have Vision or You’ll Die (Students)
- Four Types of Friends in Junior High
- Driven to Help Others (Students)
- What Do You Reveal to Others About God? Lessons from Titus (Students)
- Should You Get Rid of Snapchat? (Students)
- Advice for Young Men and Young Women: Lessons from Titus (Students)
- What Is Influencing You? Lessons from Titus (Students)
- What Is the Gospel? – Lessons from Titus (Students)
- Can God Read My Mind? (Students)
- 5 Things Every Christian Believes | Christian Basics for Jr. High #3
- How to Reprogram Habits (Students)
- Making Your Faith in God Stronger (Students)
- How to Grow in Your Faith | Foundations for Youth #3
- Understanding Good and Bad Habits (Students)
- What Would You Sell Out For? (Students)
- Are You an American or Christian First? (Students)
- How to Help a Friend Who Is Thinking About Suicide (Students)
- What Is the Story of the New Testament? | Bible Basics for Youth #5
- Managing Toxic Relationships | Toxic #3 (Students)
- The #1 Way to a God-Led Future (Students)
- Battling Toxic Words | Toxic #2 (Students)
- The FLEX Method for Students
- 5 Things Christians Do Together | Christian Basics for Jr. High #4
- 5 Reasons to Believe in the Resurrection (Students)
- What’s the Point of Christmas? (Students)
- 5 Values for Every Christian | Christian Basics for Jr. High #2
- 4 Myths About the Christmas Story (Students)
- 5 Habits for the Christian Life | Christian Basics for Jr. High #1
- Living in the Light | Get Rich #6 (Students)
- How to Pray for Friends | Get Rich #5 (Students)
- 5 Facts About Water Baptism | Christian Basics for Jr. High #5
- Girls, You Are Priceless (Students)
- Beyond the Clique | Get Rich #4 (Students)
- God and Politics (Students)
- How to Share Your Faith with Your Friends (Students)
- How to Live as a Christian | Foundations for Youth #2
- The Walking Dead | Get Rich #3 (Students)
- The Resurrection of Jesus | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- Moving Beyond Mediocrity | Get Rich #2 (Students)
- Jesus Heals on the Sabbath | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- Benefits from the Trinity | Get Rich #1 (Students)
- The Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- Jesus and Zacchaeus | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- The Christian Student’s Survival Guide
- Going Out | The Grid Day #28 (Students)
- How To Say “No!” to Almost Anything
- All In | The Grid Day #21 (Students)
- Born Again | The Grid Day #14 (Students)
- Me Third | The Grid Day #7 (Students)
- What’s Your Grid? | The Grid Day #0 (Students)
- Don’t Want to Be Famous | Tower of Babel (Students)
- You Become What You Worship (Students)
- When a Relationship Is an Idol (Students)
- The Heart Wants What It Wants (Students)
- Your Feelings Can Mislead You (Students)
- Which Path Will You Choose? (Students)
- How to Change Your Habits for Good (Students)
- God Is with You When You Are Hurting (Students)
- God vs the World (Students)
- Live By God’s Truth, Not the World’s Truth (Students)
- You Can’t Get Away with Your Sin Forever (Students)
- Through the Book of Habakkuk (Students)
- 3 Tips on Money for Teens (Students)
- Learning to Give Back (Students)
- Don’t Get Wrapped Up in Your Stuff (Students)
- Your Family, Your Future
- God & Your Parents
- Family Dynamics
- Can You Trust the Bible? (Students)
- God Wants You to Use Your Brain (Students)
- Great Advice from High School Seniors (Students)
- Stressed About the Future (Students)
- Think Differently to Eliminate Stress (Students)
- Don’t Get Overwhelmed with Being Busy (Students)
- The Key to Overcoming Anxiety for Youth (Students)
- Christian Dating Secrets REVEALED! (Students)
- Drama Girls and Why They’re Mean (Students)
- Kenzie Talks: My Favorite Bible Verse (Students)
- Kinda Sorta Christian: Don’t Ask Me to Share My Faith (Students)
- Don’t Be Boy Crazy (Students)
- Overcoming Toxic Thoughts | Toxic #1 (Students)
- What Is the World’s Great Hope? (Students)
- Cussing: Just Don’t Do It (Students)
- Thoughts on Joy: Philippians 4:4-9 (Students)
- God vs. World: 10 Lies the World Tells Teens (Students)
- What Jesus Was Like as a Teenager? (Students)
- God vs World: How to Honor God at School (Students)
- Living for Ourselves | Are Christians Missing Out #3 (Students)
- Sex Before Marriage | Are Christians Missing Out #2 (Students)
- Getting Drunk & Partying | Are Christians Missing Out #1 (Students)
- Do You Live Like Heaven Is for Real? (Students)
- The Ten Most Passive Aggressive Phrases (Students)
- How to Defeat Worry (Students)
- Benefits from the Trinity | Get Rich #1 (Students)
- Moses: When You Think God Is Wrong (Students)
- Does God Want Me to Be Happy? (Students)
- Why Does God Give Me More than I Can Handle? (Students)
- Is Something OK as Long as It Doesn’t Hurt Anyone? (Students)
- God Wants You to Get in the Game (Students)
- What Does God Want Me to Do? (Students)
- How to Avoid Being a Hypocrite (Students)
- Will God Really Give Me a Good Life? (Students)
- Paul’s Letter to the Romans, Chapters 5-16 (Students)
- Abraham: Following God Into the Crazy (Students)
- Your Words Last Forever (Students)
- God Is Easy to Please, But Impossible to Satisfy (Students)
- How Should I Handle My Sin (Students)
- Why Do We Sing at Church? (Students)
- Esther 5-10: God Works Without Miracles (Students)
- Esther 3-4: For Such a Time as This (Students)
- Esther 1-2: What is God Doing? (Students)
- Being a Christian Takes Practice (Students)
- People Matter the Most (Students)
- How Do I Get to Heaven? (Students)
- Should Christians Play the Charlie Charlie Game? (Students)
- Psalm 121- How God Helps You in Tough Times (Students)
- Psalm 139 – How God Pursues You (Students)
- What to Do When Someone Gossips about You (Students)
- Youth Track #1: Truth and Lies
- Lego Principle #2 – 4 Truths for Real Relationships (Students)
- Learning to Deal with Injustice (Students)
- Learning to Deal with Waiting (Students)
- Learning to Deal with Temptation (Students)
- Learning to Deal with Adversity (Students)
- How the Story Lives On (Students)
- How Jesus Makes It Right (Students)
- How People Messed It Up (Students)
- How God Started It All (Students)
- Lego Principle #1 – People Are Like Legos (Students)
- How to Win at Losing (Students)
- How to Win at School and Work (Students)
- How to Win With Money (Students)
- Jude #1: Don’t Believe Everything You Hear (Students)
- Jude #2: Learning Spiritual Self-Defense (Students)
- How to Start a Pursuit of God | Foundations for Youth #1
- Kinda Sorta Christian: I Trust God…Sometimes (Students)
- Kinda Sorta Christian: I Like God as Long as He Agrees with Me (Students)
- Kinda Sorta Christian: I’m a Christian Because My Parents Are Christians (Students)
- Shame vs. Rebirth | Search for Significance #5 (Students)
- The Performance Trap | Search for Significance #2 (Students)
- The Approval Addict | Search for Significance #3 (Students)
- The Search | Search for Significance #1 (Students)
- The Blame Game vs. Christ’s Sacrifice | Search for Significance #4 (Students)
- Sometimes Life Stinks (Students)
The 6th Grade resources at pursueGOD.org are designed for churches to use as their 6th Grade Sunday School curriculum. The track covers 39 weeks in total, with bonus lessons that can be used throughout the summer.
Listed below is the official 6th Grade Track at PursueGOD.org. Scroll further down for even more youth topics.
For Quarter 3 we recommend involving student mentors – this will help to create a discipleship culture at your church and will assist with the 6th graders’ transition into the youth group. Here’s how it works: the mentor attends Sunday School each week and leads a student group for the discussion time in the last half of class. Here are the details:
- Coordinate this element with your youth pastor or leader.
- Mentors lead student groups of 2-4 6th graders
- Mentors are at least 8th graders
- Mentors must be trained in advance – see the Mentor Page.
We recommend involving student mentors in the award process. Let them present awards at the end of Quarter 3 in front of the class or the entire church.
It’s easy to become resentful toward God when your relationship with him is defined by your unfulfilled expectations.
Leaning on God’s word during anxious times is one of the best things you can do as a student.
Is baptism necessary for someone to be saved from their sins? It’s a hot question, especially for new Christians.
Paul reprimanded the church in Corinth for being good at playing church but being bad at giving. It’s a message for every wealthy Christian to hear.
One of our greatest needs is to be understood by others. This is especially true for a healthy marriage. Learn what it means to really listen so your spouse can feel most understood by you.
If you want to go deeper in your relationship with God, one important step is to go deeper in your study of his word, the Bible.
Parents, our job is hard so let’s break it down into more bite sized pieces so we can feel like we have some sort of a plan or strategy.
“Fasting” is a forgotten spiritual discipline that Christians have practiced for centuries.
The parable of the shrewd manager (Luke 16:1-13) is one of the most difficult lessons of Jesus to unpack. It seems like he wants us to root for the dishonest guy in the story, but if we dig a little deeper, we see that there are some important lessons to learn.
“The Antichrist” can be a divisive topic amongst Christians. Who is this mysterious man who will usher in the end?
So you’re reading the Bible. But what if someone disagrees with your interpretation?
Learn how responding to your spouse’s subtle hints or suggestions can make your marriage healthy and strong.
Many times in our lives we pray for doors to be opened and for new possibilities to appear. But God doesn’t always answer in our timing.
One of the most common themes in the Bible is “struggle.” For Christian athletes, that means you’ll need grit.
How would you rate your use of social media as a Christian? Allen Parr points out some of the traps Christians fall into while using social media.
Everyone gets hurt, so everyone needs to understand how forgiveness works.
Did you know that eating family meals together is vital to the health of your kids?
The Bible shows us people who turn from their old lives and embrace new lives in Christ. But what if you can’t identify this moment in your own life?
Do you know your spouse better than their bestie? You should, and a love map can help.
God worked for six days and then he rested to create the world. This has an impact on how we should view the Christian work ethic.
You can have confidence in the growth and progress of God’s work (in you and others), even if it seems insignificant at the time.
Check out our full topical index to find your next conversation.
OUR CORE VALUES
At PursueGOD.org, we believe real life change happens when people have honest, informed conversations. So we're building our tools on 3 core values:
We base our content on timeless principles from the Bible.
We work to explain things in a way anyone can understand.
We love giving away high-quality resources every week.