Find resources on this page to empower conversations and help you pursue God. Here’s what you’ll find below:
- Featured Now: Choose from our most popular topics and series for starters.
- Daily Journal: Try a 7-day devotional to kick off your personal pursuit of God.
- How It Works: Learn how to use our tools in a group or mentoring relationship.
- Browse Index: Get quick access to additional topics in our conversation library.
- The Pathway: Kick off your pursuit of God with a mentor and these 10 steps.
HOW IT WORKS
The goal of the pursueGOD resources is to help people pursue God and discover the truth of a biblical worldview. The key to this simple discipleship method is picking the right topic, and that’s what this start page is for.
What to expect
Our resources start with a short video that communicates biblical truth on a topic. Included with most topics is a summary article and discussion questions to use with your family, group, or mentor. The idea is simple: let the video empower conversations in your world so you can pursue God together, one topic at a time. If you have questions while you’re browsing – or if you’d like to request a topic for us to cover – just ask us.
Where to start
Feel free to start with any topic at all – everything on our site has been carefully chosen with biblical values in mind. But to get the most out of our resources – and to go “full circle” in your faith – we recommend completing our PG Pathway with a group or mentor (see below). When you’re ready to start using our resources to make disciples, see the “Get Trained” tab below. Need help? Click here to request a mentor.
Want great conversations without explicit references to the Bible? Visit FLEXTALK.org and use it at work, at school, or in your community.
Want to learn even more about pursueGOD.org? Click here.
We’ve pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series for you. Click on a link below to expand.
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor.)
- Warm up with a few topics from the “FEATURED NOW” section below. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on one of our Bible reading plans. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring at our Mentor page. That’s where you’ll find our training playlists along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor. Registering makes you a part of our global team of Christ-followers who are helping the world pursue God.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
Justin Khoe, Allen Parr, Michael and Amanda Pittman, and Joseph Solomon give valuable insights about dating and courtship for Christian men.
Bryan and Chasen talk about how it is important for students to intervene in their friend’s lives who may be thinking about suicide.
Feelings of guilt aren’t entirely bad for those who want to honor God in this life.
If you’re a true follower of God, you know that the Bible teaches that sex should be saved for marriage. But can you still cohabitate if you promise to be good?
Sports, family, money, success… what defines you?
Joe explains how to abstain from pornography as a Christian.
Our budget is a dead giveaway to our priorities. Take the challenge to step up your giving to God.
God teaches you how to be thankful for your body, and stop worrying about your appearance.
Jesus offers one simple idea that will change your views on saving money forever.
People go through five stages or “thresholds” on their way to faith in Jesus.
Heading to college soon? Here are some simple and effective tips for Christians getting ready to leave home and enter a new phase of life.
Do you struggle with reading the Bible? Jefferson Bethke has some helpful tips.
The statistics don’t lie, cohabitation does nothing to ensure a healthy marriage. Instead, commitment is the key to success.
Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good for those who love God. But what does that really mean?
The Bible calls us to be sexually pure, even in a culture that encourages us to do whatever we want. But why do it?
Christians believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead. This isn’t a myth or a fable, but a fact of history.
Our resources are written with a biblical worldview – one that is shaped by the Bible and focused on Jesus. Here’s what that means…
Some statistics say that up to two-thirds of couples live together before getting married. How should a Christian think about this? Is it OK with God?
Why pursue God? The first and most basic reason is that it leads to the “good life” – a life of joy, freedom, and satisfaction.
Author Kevin DeYoung answers a question on the mind of many young Christians today. How close can you get to sin without sinning?
Many people deal with toxic thoughts – thoughts that are slowly destroying their lives and relationships. Here are three simple steps to destroying those thoughts and regaining your life.
Young adults in your church need a place to connect, and a small group is a great place to do it. Our resources make it easy to do.
The Bible doesn’t explicitly say anything about masturbation, but that doesn’t mean God doesn’t have an opinion on it. Here’s what you need to know.