Use this page to train and equip your WORSHIP TEAM in both music and discipleship. Start with these training series and scroll down for even more resources.
Choose a follow up topic to talk about every week as a team for 15 minutes at the start of practice:
- Performing vs. Worship Leading
- Romans 12: Creating a Healthy Worship Ministry
- Worship: Engaging with God (Series)
- Building A Worship Set
- 4 Rules for Time Management
- The Book of Hebrews and the Worship of Jesus
- Worship in the Revelation of John
- Paul and the Service of the Gospel
- Temple and Community in Acts
- Jesus and the New Covenant
- Jesus and the New Temple
- Honoring, Serving and Respecting God
- Engaging with God in the Old Testament
- Serving God in the Assembly of His People
- What is a Spiritual Leader?
- Basic Tips for Lead Singers on Worship Teams
- Worship Team Mentoring (Series)
- Five Steps for Worship Mentors
- Four Principles for Worship Mentoring
- What Is Worship Team Mentoring?
- Worship Team Training (Series)
- Worship Music (Playlist)
- How Clarity Changes Everything in a Church
- Women – Worship Jesus Like Mary Did
- Jude 1:24-25 – Worshiping the God Who Rescues
- Worship Leading: Writing a Team Email
- Worship Leading: Team Intentionality
- Choosing Songs for Your Church
- Tips for Soundchecking
- Tips for at-home Practice
- Worship Leading: Encouraging Spiritual Growth
- Basic Music Terms
- Practice vs. Rehearsal
- Worship Leading: Speaking From the Stage
- The Heart of Worship
- Transitions in Worship
- Worship Leading: Selecting Song Keys
- Healthy Worship Team Expectations
- Worship Team Conduct
- Danger of Comparison
- Excellence in Worship
- Vocal Clarity in Worship
- Are You Ready to Join a Worship Team?
- The Heart of a Media Team Member + Best Practices
- How to Pick the Right Key for Your Voice
- Leading Yourself in Worship
- Healthy Worship Team Communication
- Good vs. Bad: Worship Leader Habits
- Sound Training #3: Continue to Grow
- Sound Training #2: The Big Picture
- Sound Training #1: Heart of a Sound Person
- Why Does God Want Us to Sing?
- Worship Leader Training #3: Service Responsibilities
- Worship Leader Training #2: Rehearsal Responsibilities
- Worship Leader Training #1: Planning and Preparation Responsibilities
- Worship Training #3: Maximize Your Gift
- Worship Training #2: Be An Authentic Worshipper
- Worship Training #1: Draw Others to Jesus
THE PG PATHWAY
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor.)
- Warm up with a few topics on investigating faith or something else of interest. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on our “Chapter a Day” Bible reading plan on the New Testament. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring using the “Get Trained” tab below. That’s where you’ll find our Mentor Training series along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor. Registering makes sure your pastors and leaders know you’re ready to help others who want to pursue God at your church.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
CURRENT CORE SONGS