Welcome to pursueGOD! New here? Watch the intro video below to learn about our resources and then scroll down to browse topics.
HOW IT WORKS
The goal of the pursueGOD resources is to help people pursue God and discover the truth of a biblical worldview. The key to this simple discipleship method is picking the right topic, and that’s what this start page is for.
What to expect
Our resources start with a short video that communicates biblical truth on a topic. Included with most topics is a summary article and discussion questions to use with your family, group, or mentor. The idea is simple: let the video empower conversations in your world so you can pursue God together, one topic at a time. If you have questions while you’re browsing – or if you’d like to request a topic for us to cover – just ask us.
Where to start
Feel free to start with any topic at all – everything on our site has been carefully chosen with biblical values in mind. But to get the most out of our resources – and to go “full circle” in your faith – we recommend completing our PG Pathway with a group or mentor (see below). When you’re ready to start using our resources to make disciples, see the “Get Trained” tab below. Need help? Click here to request a mentor.
Want great conversations without explicit references to the Bible? Visit FLEXTALK.org and use it at work, at school, or in your community.
Want to learn even more about pursueGOD.org? Click here.
We’ve pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series for you. Click on a link below to expand.
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor.)
- Start exploring! Simply take turns choosing a few topics of interest from any of the categories found on the site. If that seems overwhelming, check out the Q1 for women and choose topics from that track. The initial topics chosen help to set the course of your mentoring relationship and provide helpful insights into where each person is in their journey of faith.
- Get started on our “Chapter a Day” Bible reading plan on the New Testament. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Women’s Basics series. Later you’ll be able to cover more Women’s series, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring using the training playlist on our Mentor Start Page. That’s where you’ll find our Mentor Training series along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor. Registering makes sure your pastors and leaders know you’re ready to help others who want to pursue God at your church.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
Find a topic and talk about it with your family, group, or mentor.
New moms often struggle to wrap their minds around the new reality of caring for a little one. Combine that with social media and you’ll start comparing yourself to others.
Are you a woman who prayerfully presents your needs before the Lord and patiently waits for Him to answer before taking action, or do you want to call the shots alone?
The Bible says that true spiritual maturity is not about how much you know, but how much you love.
The second foundational truth for any pursuit of God is about how to live after we’ve trusted Jesus for salvation.
Many Christian women have what they call their “guilty pleasures.” Is there anything wrong with these things?
Learn about faithfulness and gentleness and how the Spirit can grow these fruits in your lives.
Your ministry role will be more enjoyable and fruitful if you manage the expectations that come with being married to a pastor.
Divorce can leave you feeling distraught and lost. Learn some insights that can help you survive this difficult time.
Learn about the fruits of kindness and goodness and why we need them in our lives.
We can have the peace of God in our lives which then allows us to be more patient people.
This series will introduce you to the picture of a “full circle” follower of Jesus – with special attention given to what that looks like in the life of a Christian woman.
Learn about how the Spirit can grow the fruits of love and joy in your life.
The first foundational truth for any pursuit of God is about how to get started in a relationship with him.
If we aren’t plugged into Jesus, our lives will not be changed by him.
Eating disorders are born out of a distorted body image that robs women from appreciating the bodies God gave them.
The third principle for Christian women involves breaking the tendency toward being negative and critical – and instead choosing to be positive. We can learn from how Jesus chose to respond to Martha.
Instead of getting caught up in the “I wish” or “if only’s” in our lives, we need to remember that we are unique creations of the creator.
If we’re going to get our life in order then we have to start with our priorities.
We all wish to be more loving, patient and kind. God wants to grow these and other “fruits” in our lives that are representative of his character.
Are you tired of setting goals that you fail to accomplish? Use these tips to help you set goals that will stick.
Dating can be a challenge. If you want to honor God in how you date, apply these principles in your next relationship.
John Gottman is a renowned relationship expert who says he can predict divorce with 91% accuracy based on certain factors.
Worry is a waste of energy yet we all do it anyways. Find out a better way to live your life.
True contentment can’t be found in people or possessions. Only God can bring us true fulfillment and happiness.
If you have a willful child and you feel like the relationship has become defined by wins or losses, fatigue, and guilt, then this topic is custom built for you.
If we want to experience contentment in the face of our trials, we need to do our part and let God do his part.
Use this 12-week track to cover Bible and Bible interpretation topics with your women’s group or mentor.
Contentment isn’t about a temporary feeling of happiness. It’s a steadfast satisfaction that comes from within.
The Bible says that God fashioned each of us together just the way he wanted in order to create a unique piece of art designed for specific purposes.
Do you have a desire to know the Bible more? Find out how to memorize books of the Bible so that you can know God more.
Why should we be thankful in times of trial? The answer is found within the word that means “to be thankful.”
Use this 12-week track to cover life topics with your women’s group or mentor.
The flag deserves our respect and honor. But so does God.
This 12-week track gives you a weekly topic for discussion along with daily Bible reading videos to help you establish a weekly couples devotional habit.
Contentment isn’t about a temporary feeling of happiness. It’s a steadfast satisfaction that comes from within. Find out why.
Jeff and Alyssa share about one of the biggest keys to having a successful marriage and the answer might surprise you. It’s not a skill to acquire but about seeking wisdom from a more experienced couple.
Every person has one of five primary ways to show and receive love. Do you know your love language?
The movie “When Harry Met Sally” made famous the line, “Men and women can’t be friends.” Is that really true? Joe has some interesting answers.
Feli tries to put into words her intimate relationship with Jesus.
The tools at PursueGOD can help the women in your church to fulfill the Great Commission-to be known as disciples who make disciples.
We all want to be helpful to the grieving, but some things are better left unsaid.
The Bible says husbands are the leaders in the home but you married someone who doesn’t want to lead spiritually. What are you supposed to do?
Does having doubts make your faith a fraud?
Escape addiction by fighting for the joy in Christ that is superior to the fleeting pleasure of pornography.
In this pursueGOD women’s series we’ll help women talk about the struggle we all have with fighting against idols in our lives.