Find resources on this page to help you pursue God. Explore the featured topics below on your own, and connect with a group or mentor to talk about it. Click to request a mentor.
HOW IT WORKS
The goal of the pursueGOD resources is to help people pursue God and discover the truth of a biblical worldview. The key to this simple discipleship method is picking the right topic, and that’s what this start page is for.
What to expect
Our resources start with a short video that communicates biblical truth on a topic. Included with most topics is a summary article and discussion questions to use with your family, group, or mentor. The idea is simple: let the video empower conversations in your world so you can pursue God together, one topic at a time. If you have questions while you’re browsing – or if you’d like to request a topic for us to cover – just ask us.
Where to start
Feel free to start with any topic at all – everything on our site has been carefully chosen with biblical values in mind. But to get the most out of our resources – and to go “full circle” in your faith – we recommend completing our PG Pathway with a group or mentor (see below). When you’re ready to start using our resources to make disciples, see the “Get Trained” tab below. Need help? Click here to request a mentor.
Want great conversations without explicit references to the Bible? Visit FLEXTALK.org and use it at work, at school, or in your community.
Want to learn even more about pursueGOD.org? Click here.
We’ve pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series just for you. Click on a link below to expand.
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor.)
- Warm up with a few topics on investigating faith or something else of interest. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on one of our Bible reading plans. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring at our Mentor page. That’s where you’ll find our training playlists along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor. Registering makes you a part of our global team of Christ-followers who are helping the world pursue God.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
The baptism of Jesus marks the beginning of Jesus’ public ministry. In this incredible account, we see begin to understand Jesus’ mission and purpose on the earth.
Pursuing God isn’t just about life today. In this lesson, we will learn how pursuing God impacts our eternity.
Pursuing God leads to a good life, a life of joy and real happiness. We’ll show you how in this lesson.
God wants you to learn to trust him with every part of your life.
Are you willing to follow God, but only if he agrees with you? That’s kinda sorta Christianity.
Your parents, your church, and your youth group don’t make you a Christian. Find out what does.
Everyone gets hurt, so everyone needs to understand how forgiveness works.
Every teenager is at risk of catching a contagious and deadly disease: greed. Learn how to fight it this Christmas.
In this series we talk about how to win in some of the most important areas of your life.
Friends are God’s idea, and God wants you to know how to have great friends.
Shaelin shares about how she broke through anxiety and depression with the help of God and his people.
You have emotions for a reason. They are there to help you connect with God and others.
In life you will get stuck: in your sin, in an addiction, or in a bunch of other ways. When you are stuck, it is time to realize only God can save you.
Sometimes following God is hard. But the hard times are when you learn to trust in God’s character and his ability to act in your life.
Do things just randomly happen in our lives, or does God have a bigger plan? Find out as we start a series on Moses.
A life without vision is a life without direction and purpose. But where does vision come from, and what does it mean to live a purposeful life?
Some friends are loners, others are toxic, others are fake, and some are true friends. Seek to have true friends, seek to be one, and find out how here!
Pursuing God isn’t all about you. It’s about helping others as we learn in this lesson.
When we feel hopeless, it’s really easy to play into the lie that we will always be hopeless.
The Bible says that how you live your life will either make people want to follow God or push people away from him.
Have you ever felt like your prayers aren’t being answered? In this topic, Joel Jovaine explains how to understand why your prayers aren’t being answered.
Does the good outweigh the bad for using Snapchat?
Learn how God wants you to live as a teenager.
If we want to follow God, then we need to learn how to discern between helpful and unhelpful influences in our lives.