Ordinary Faith is a pursueGOD network church in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Use the links below to request a mentor from our church or to learn more about how to use these resources. Scroll down for our most recent sermon topics.
HOW IT WORKS
Hey there! You’ve found one of our “Partner Pages” at pursueGOD.org. In this section we’ll explain how to use our resources with a group or mentor.
Before you start…
At pursueGOD.org, our mission is to empower conversations to help people pursue God. We believe that real life change happens when people have honest, informed conversations. But keep this in mind: no one can pursue God for you. If you’ve been invited into a mentoring relationship, your mentor is ready to invest in you. But don’t make your mentor work harder than you. Be “all in” with your pursuit of God, no matter where you stand right now.
What does pursueGOD offer for the family?
The FLEX Method
So here’s how to pursue God with our free online resources. We call it the “FLEX” method, and it takes just three simple steps:
- FIND A TOPIC. Browse our resources and pick a topic that you want to learn about (scroll down on this Start Page for recommended topics). All of our content starts with a short video and includes a summary article.
- LEARN ABOUT IT. This is where you take ownership. On your own, watch the video and check out the related topics as needed. Some people like to journal on the topic, going through the discussion questions ahead of time and taking notes. How you prep is up to you, but remember: no one can pursue God for you. You’ll get out of this what you put into it.
- EXPLORE IT TOGETHER. This is where your group or mentor fits in. Get together in person or over the phone, and simply have a conversation. That’s where real life-change happens: when people have honest, informed conversations.
And that’s it. One topic at a time, discover the truth of the Bible. Talk about life, faith, family, and more. Our tools empower conversations so you can pursue God at your own pace. And when you’re ready to go “full circle” in your pursuit of God, we recommend that you complete “The Pathway”.
At PG, we want to see people around the world living out a full-circle pursuit of God: trusting Jesus, honoring God, and helping others pursue God. To help you to do this, we’ve put together a 3-month track called “The Pathway”. It’s an expanded version of our Foundations series, and it will guide you through the most basic steps you need to take to become a whole-hearted follower of Jesus. Go through The Pathway with your mentor, and soon you’ll be ready to help someone else pursue God.
At PG, we believe Jesus wants everyone to get in the game and start making disciples. Learn how to use our free resources for disciple-making on our Mentor Page.
- A Better Way to Pray | Get Rich #5
- A Warning About Opposition | Warning Signs #3
- A Warning to Wake Up | Warning Signs #6
- Abraham (Series)
- All In | The Grid Day #21
- Bad Advice (Series)
- Becoming a Disciple-Maker | Get in the Game #1
- Benefits From the Trinity | Get Rich #1
- Creating the Right Environment at Home
- Dangerous Ideas | The Grid Day #0
- Dealing With The Debt Monster
- Dollars and Sense (Series)
- Don’t Lose Your Reward | Warning Signs #7
- Don’t Miss Your High Calling: Worship | Warning Signs #9
- Doubting Because You Don’t Feel Like a Christian
- Doubting when Faith Doesn’t Make Sense
- Doubting when Life Gets Hard
- Fight the Good Fight | Last Words #3
- Fighting for Peace | Get Rich #4
- Following God’s Financial Game Plan | Get in the Game #3
- Forgiving Your Arch Nemesis | Last Words #2
- Freedom vs Moral Duty | Versus #2
- Get in the Game (Series)
- Get Rich (Series)
- God Overcomes Our Hang-Ups | Outrageous #3
- God Overcomes Our Insecurity | Outrageous #2
- God Overcomes Our Materialism | Outrageous #5
- God Pursues You | Abraham #1
- God’s Invitation to Intimacy
- God’s Poetic Justice
- Going Out | The Grid Day #28
- Great People Failing Greatly | Abraham #2
- Habits (Series)
- Hold onto Jesus | Warning Signs #4
- How To Become A Successful Money Manager
- How to Become an Addict | Bad Advice #1
- How to Become Dissatisfied | Bad Advice #4
- How to Discern God’s Leading
- How to Drift from God | Bad Advice #2
- How to Ruin Your Marriage | Bad Advice #3
- Idols (Series)
- Inclusive vs Exclusive | Versus #4
- It Is Finished | Last Words #4
- Judging vs Not Judging | Versus #1
- Last Words (Series)
- Live in the Light | Get Rich #6
- Lukewarm in Laodicea | Warning Signs #8
- Make Room for Giving | Uncluttered #3
- Make Room for Relationships | Uncluttered #1
- Make Room for Serving | Uncluttered #2
- Me, Myself and I | Sabotage #1
- Moving Beyond Mediocrity | Get Rich #2
- My Own Worst Enemy | Sabotage #3
- Nothing Without Love | Warning Signs #2
- One Moment When Everything Changed
- One Moment | The Grid Day #14
- Overcoming Toxic Thoughts
- Parenting on Purpose
- Passing the Ultimate Test | Abraham #5
- Private Faith vs Church | Versus #3
- Psalm 1: Following the Path of the Righteous
- Purpose Over Pointlessness | I Choose #1
- Raised to New Life | The Meaning of Baptism
- Satisfaction Over Thirst | I Choose #2
- Selling Out for a Worthless Moment | Sabotage #2
- The 4 Stages of Parenting
- The Blessing of Moses | Last Words #1
- The Child | The Story of Christmas from the People Who Were Actually There #5
- The Grid (Series)
- The Heart Wants What It Wants | Idols #1
- The Innkeeper | The Story of Christmas from the People Who Were Actually There #4
- The King | The Story of Christmas from the People Who Were Actually There #3
- The Last Supper
- The Selfless Servant | Get in the Game #2
- The Shepherds | The Story of Christmas from the People Who Were Actually There #2
- The Story of Christmas From the People Who Were Actually There (Series)
- The Walking Dead | Get Rich #3
- The Wise Men | The Story of Christmas from the People Who Were Actually There #1
- Three’s Company | Abraham #4
- Through the Book of Habakkuk (Series)
- Trusting God Takes a Lifetime | Abraham #3
- Turn From Idolatry | Warning Signs #5
- Uncluttered (Series)
- Upside Down | The Grid Day #7
- What Are You Working For? | Tower of Babel
- What If You Could Always Get Life’s Biggest Choices Right? | What If? #3
- What If You Could Ask for Whatever You Wanted? | What If? #1
- What If You Could Have the Perfect Plan for Your Life? | What If? #2
- What If You Could Pick Your Destiny? | What If? #4
- What If You Could Talk to Animals? | What If? #5
- What If? (Series)
- What Makes Habits Bad
- What Money Can and Can’t Do
- When God is Silent
- When Good Things Become An Idol | Idols #2
- Why Do People Get Away with Evil?
- You Will Become What You Worship | Idols #3
- Your Role in Politics | God and Politics
This Week’s Message
Here’s a listing of our most recent sermons. Click on a link for full-length sermon audio along with small group videos and discussion questions. Find more at ordinaryfaith.net/sermons.
- Dear God – Who Am I?
- Dear God – Why Did Jesus Have to Die?
- Dear God – What Do I Do Now?
- Dear God – Why Christmas? Part 2
- Dear God – Why Christmas? Part 1
- Dear God – What Are You Like?
- Dear God – Are You Three or One?
- Dear God – What’s Wrong With Me?
- Dear God – What Happened?
- Dear God – Why the Bible?
- Dear God – Are You There?
- Abraham – Passing the Ultimate Test
- Abraham – Three’s Company
- Abraham – Trusting God Takes a Lifetime
- Abraham – Great People Failing Greatly
- Abraham – God Pursues You
- Get in the Game – Following God’s Game Plan
- Get in the Game – The Selfless Servant
- Get In The Game – Becoming A Disciple Maker
- Warning Signs – Your High Calling