Find resources on this page to help you pursue God. Explore the featured topics below on your own, and connect with a group or mentor to talk about it. Click to request a mentor.
HOW IT WORKS
The goal of the pursueGOD resources is to help people pursue God and discover the truth of a biblical worldview. The key to this simple discipleship method is picking the right topic, and that’s what this start page is for.
What to expect
Our resources start with a short video that communicates biblical truth on a topic. Included with most topics is a summary article and discussion questions to use with your family, group, or mentor. The idea is simple: let the video empower conversations in your world so you can pursue God together, one topic at a time. If you have questions while you’re browsing – or if you’d like to request a topic for us to cover – just ask us.
Where to start
Feel free to start with any topic at all – everything on our site has been carefully chosen with biblical values in mind. But to get the most out of our resources – and to go “full circle” in your faith – we recommend completing our PG Pathway with a group or mentor (see below). When you’re ready to start using our resources to make disciples, see the “Get Trained” tab below. Need help? Click here to request a mentor.
Want great conversations without explicit references to the Bible? Visit FLEXTALK.org and use it at work, at school, or in your community.
Want to learn even more about pursueGOD.org? Click here.
We’ve pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series for you. Click on a link below to expand.
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor.)
- Warm up with a few topics on investigating faith or something else of interest. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on one of our Bible reading plans. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring at our Mentor page. That’s where you’ll find our training playlists along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor. Registering makes you a part of our global team of Christ-followers who are helping the world pursue God.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
Feelings of guilt aren’t entirely bad for those who want to honor God in this life.
Men spend billions of dollars every year to look at naked or scantily-clad women. By comparison, women spend virtually nothing to see unclothed men. What’s going on?
Winning the heart of a woman can be a colossal effort.
For Christian men, the question isn’t about what women want in a man, but what Christian women want in a man?
What steps can men take to come closer to God’s vision for a man?
Christian men shouldn’t be looking for the next fling…they should be searching for a wife.
Why are so many Christ-loving guys still single? The answers may be hard to hear. Unlocking the key to what women want in a Christian man requires an honest look inward.
Pastor Matt Chandler calls out men on their responsibility to go all in at home.
Someday, someone will win the heart of your daughter. For now, dads, it has to be you.
If you’re a dad, you’ve got two main jobs when raising your kids. How are you doing at loving and protecting them?
The Industrial Revolution completely changed the way fathers engage with their kids, but these two tips will get us back on track.
There are three main strategies that Satan has to take down men – and the entire family with him.
Many guys today just go to church and check it off their to-do list. Jesus wants more for Christian men.
Ryan Lochte, Benedict Arnold, and Esau. Many men these days throw away a good name, a future, and even great wealth for something completely worthless.
Raising daughters is a bit different than raising sons. Here are some tips for fathers.
Justin Khoe, Allen Parr, Michael and Amanda Pittman, and Joseph Solomon give valuable insights about dating and courtship for Christian men.
We should not just have warm, fuzzy feelings about our wives, but demonstrate love in action by caring for our wives’ physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Cory is a macho man, but he’s not above serving his wife like Christ served the church.
Tracy gives some useful insight for men out there who just want to be better husbands but don’t know how.
Oftentimes pastors see negative patterns cropping up in their congregations. Here, pastors Tom and Bryan let men know how they should be living as followers of Jesus.
A lot of men have scorecards at work to measure their success. Here’s one for your home life.
The second foundational truth for any pursuit of God is about how to live after we’ve trusted Jesus for salvation.
The first foundational truth for any pursuit of God is about how to get started in a relationship with him.
Christianity is the only major religion with more women than men. What’s up with that?