PURSUEGOD offers a free web-based Kids’ Church curriculum, designed to equip teachers and parents to help kids pursue God. Open the tabs below to learn more or scroll down to browse what’s featured now.
ABOUT KIDS' CHURCH
PursueGOD kids is designed to help you create a fun and engaging atmosphere for the children of your church where they can learn about Jesus and the Bible. Our curriculum is completely free for churches of all sizes. And all of our lessons are easily accessible for parents to find and use at home, too. Subscribe to our PursueGOD Kids YouTube channel.
What are the “3 Values”?
The simplest way to understand how it works in Kids Church is to learn our “Big Three” values. All of our leaders and volunteers have these three values in mind each week as we teach your kids. Here are the “Big Three”:
- JESUS. Our curriculum centers on who Jesus is and what he did for us. Our goal is to help kids and families pursue God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- BIBLE. Our kids curriculum is based on the Bible. Every week our lesson offers a Big Idea and Key Question, along with a Memory Verse right out of the Bible.
- FAMILY. We believe our job is to equip families to talk about Jesus outside of church. Our curriculum is designed to be started in the classroom and finished at home, empowering you to raise your kids with Christian values.
What age groups does this curriculum serve?
This curriculum is designed for K-5th grade, broken down into 3 groups: K-1st, 2nd-3rd and 4th-5th. The overall theme of the lessons are the same but activities, crafts and games are adjusted to fit each age range.
What is included in each lesson?
Our curriculum is designed to include both a small group and large group time but you can use it in whatever way works best for your church. Each lesson includes:
- Leader’s guide which gives your teachers everything they need to know to teach the lesson as well as a classroom agenda for how the time will be structured and how long each element should take.
- Activity pages which includes coloring sheets and puzzles as well as a craft and game suggestion for each lesson. All the instructions and supplies are provided.
- Large group script and slides which can be used in a large group setting where all of your classes can come together to watch the video lesson for the day.
What about training volunteers?
We offer training materials that will equip your leaders to know how to pull off a great Kids Church experience. Scroll down to the “Just for Leaders” tab on this page to learn more.
How do we recruit volunteers?
We want to help you get people involved in your kids church ministry so we offer you some helpful how to’s on recruiting as well as a fun video you can play in big church for the adults. We also have some graphics you can use for signage during your recruiting periods. Click on the link below to talk about this with your leaders and to access helpful downloads.
How do I connect with the leader community?
Our Google+ Leader Community is the place for children’s directors and teachers to share ideas, resources, and best practices for our resources. Join it for free!
SCOPE & SEQUENCE
We are currently working hard to develop a 3-year curriculum for Kids’ Church (see below), to be ready for January 2017. In the meantime, churches can use our recommended kids’ lessons as published in our Sermonlink Schedule. Click here for current schedule.
- Basics: Who is God?
- Adam/Eve: sin, disobedience
- Cain and Abel
- The Flood
- Noah: Promise
- Tower of Babel
- Virtues: Wisdom
- Jesus is the Word (John 1) – LIFE OF JESUS
- John the Baptist
- The baptism of Jesus
- The Beatitudes – TEACHINGS OF JESUS
- Jesus turns water into wine – MIRACLES OF JESUS
- Xmas Q1 A (Christmas lesson-move to correct week)
- Xmas Q1 B (Christmas lesson-move to correct week)
- What is Sin? (Romans 3)
- Abraham: obedience/faith
- Isaac and the sacrifice —-
- Jacob/Esau: Greed
- Jacob named Israel
- Joseph sold/potiphar’s wife
- The temptation of Jesus —
- The true family of Jesus
- Jesus heals a leper
- The resurrection —Easter Lesson (place it in proper place for the quarter)
- What is Salvation?
- Moses: Birth
- Moses in palace
- Moses and burning bush
- Pharoah and The Plagues
- The Passover
- The Exodus
- Jesus calls his disciples
- Jesus and Nicodemus (Jn)
- The parable of the hidden treasure
- Jesus calms a storm
- How do I pray?
- The 10 Commandments
- Aaron and the golden calf
- Wandering in the desert
- Building the tabernacle
- Water from a rock
- The Woman at the Well (Jn)
- Jesus fights the Pharisees —
- The transfiguration
- Building on a rock
- Jesus heals a paralytic
- Where is Heaven?
- Promised Land/Caleb/Joshua
- Joshua: Courage/Fall of Jericho
- Judges and why God used them
- Gideon: Trust/faith/identity
- Deborah: Wisdom
- Jesus blesses the children
- Jesus and the rich man
- Seek First the Kingdom
- The parable of the mustard seed
- Jesus walks on water (John 6)
- Christmas A
- Christmas B
- Why read the Bible? (1 Tim 3)
- Samuel: Obedience, Listening
- Samson/Delilah: Self control
- The people demand a king
- King Saul
- David and Goliath
- Self control/Patience
- Jesus heals a blind man (John 8)
- An easy yoke
- The parable of the sower
- What is Baptism? (Rom 6)
- David anointed as king/despised by Saul/on the run
- Abigail and Nabal
- David: Being real TRUTHFULNESS
- Solomon: Wisdom
- Solomon builds the temple
- Lands conquered/ruled by other nations
- The triumphant entry —
- Jesus anointed at Bethany
- The last supper (John 13)
- Jesus heals on the Sabbath
- What is Communion?
- Who were the prophets and what was their job?
- Elijah: Faith
- Jesus heals a Gentile (Mt 15)
- The parable of the lost sheep
- The parable of the unforgiving debtor
- The parable of the vineyard workers
- The parable of the wedding feast
- Fruit of the Spirit
- Daniel: Courage/peer pressure/interprets king’s vision
- didn’t bow down to king, Neb
- Fiery furnace
- Daniel and Lion’ den
- Jonah: Disobedience and the consequences
- Jonah 2
- The golden rule
- What makes you dirty (Mt 15)
- The parable of the bridesmaids
- Jesus feeds the 5000
- Jesus walks on water
- Xmas A
- Xmas B
- Obey your parents
- The Last King (Zedekiah) – 2 Chron 36
- Ezra the Scribe
- Nehemiah the Cupbearer
- Esther the Beautiful Queen
- What happened to Job
- How Job’s story ended
- The parable of the three servants
- The good shepherd (John 10)
- The vine and the branches (John 15)
- What is Church?
- Acts: The church is born
- Peter heals a beggar
- Stephen lives for Jesus
- Philip shares with an Ethiopian
- Saul meets Jesus
- Peter’s crazy vision
- Peter denies Jesus —
- Jesus before Pilate (John 18)
- The crucifixion
- Jesus raises Lazarus (John 11)
- Armor of God
- Acts #7: Peter’s big escape
- Acts #8: Paul hits the road
- Acts #9: The big meeting in Jerusalem
- Acts #10: Paul and Silas go to prison
- Acts #11: Paul preaches in Athens
- Acts #12: The Shipwreck
- Jesus appears to Thomas
- The Great Commission
- Jesus and the big catch
- Jesus and the white horse
- Jesus and the great
JUST FOR LEADERS
Our leaders and volunteers are trained on three simple principles that guide the Kids Church environment. These principles keep us all on the same page as we serve you and your kids. Here they are:
- Prioritize Safety. Every child and parent who visits Kids Church can have full confidence that we maintain a safe and secure classroom. All of our volunteers know our Safety Policy and have passed a background check.
- Lead with Energy. Kids learn best in an environment that’s fun and engaging. Every Kids Church leader and volunteer has made a commitment to preparing well and teaching with a smile.
- Partner with Parents. Our leaders and volunteers know that parents are the real spiritual leaders of their kids. We consider it a win when we empower you to follow up on the lesson at home.
We provide free training materials and online tools for churches using our resources. Ready to get started? Choose from the links below to get started:
We also provide helpful forms for feedback and reporting to keep everyone on the same page and moving forward as a team:
We offer all kinds of helpful video and graphical downloads that your church can use for free. Use them to make your kids’ program fun and exciting! You are free to download and print or share as needed.
Even when we really mess up, Jesus gives us a second chance.
Generosity means giving something away even when it hurts. That’s what Jesus did, and we should too!
Jesus loves every single person in the whole wide world, even the ones that are so different from you.
Nobody is so bad that Jesus can’t help them. Even the meanest person in your school can experience the love of Jesus.
Everyone knows a little bit about God. Sometimes we just need help to fill in the blanks.
We should live our lives like Jesus, even when it’s hard.
Easter means we can have new life.
Going to church is one of the easiest ways to grow as a Christian.
Through Jesus, we can grow fruit in our own lives.
We are like sheep and Jesus is our shepherd who keeps us safe.
Jesus wants us to use our talent, not bury them.
Jesus models what forgiveness should look like in our lives.
Job learned that God is the boss and he knows what’s best.
Even when we’re having a bad day, God is right there ready to help us.
God used a woman to save a nation. Learn how God wants to use you to help others.
God wants us to be brave enough to do things his way.
The story of Ezra the scribe shows us that God can use anyone to make a difference.
Nothing lasts forever if you forget about God.
One of the most important thing kids can do is obey their parents. And here’s why.
In this 2-lesson Kids Church series we’ll look at the New Testament book of Jude – and how God wants to keep us safe from lies.
https://youtu.be/Ie7HDZP2jhc In this 4-lesson series we learn how to win at what matters most in life. Lesson #1: Winning at Church Winning is fun, right? But winning can also be bad....
In this kids series we introduce the three foundational truths of a biblical faith, answering how to start, how to live, and how to grow as a Christian.
In this series, we teach what every kid needs to know to survive and win at being a kid.
In this series, we’re going to learn how stuff works. Stuff like: feelings, friendship, greed, and forgiveness.
CLICK FOR MORE
- Outrageous for Kids
- Romans: How to Join the Jesus Club (Kids Series)
- Back to School Tips for Kids
- The Grid for Kids
- The Story of Moses (Kids Series)
- Stuff You Missed in Sunday School (Kids Series)
- Versus for Kids
- Toxic (Kids Series)
- The Kid Conversation on Baptism (Kids)
- Proverbs for Kids
- Jesus Dies for the Whole World (Kids)
- The Book of Acts for Kids #1: The Church is Born (Kids)
- Get Rich (Kids Series)
- Through The Book of Habakkuk (Kids Series)
- Let’s Talk about Baptism (Kids Series)
- Don’t Phlip Out! (Kids Series)
- No Doubt About It (Kids Series)
- The Big God Who Makes Us Brave | Psalm 27
- Don’t Give Cheap Gifts | The Christmas Story #3
- Make Room for Jesus | The Christmas Story #2
- Christmas Is About Relationships | The Christmas Story #1
- What the Light Does | Get Rich #6 (Kids)
- How Deep Do Your Roots Go? | Get Rich #5 (Kids)
- Making Friends | Get Rich #4 (Kids)
- Daniel and the Lions Den | Kids
- No Need to Brag | Get Rich #3 (Kids)
- How to Know God Better | Get Rich #2 (Kids)
- We Have Been Adopted | Get Rich #1 (Kids)
- The Rock of Grace | The Grid Day #28 (Kids)
- The Rock of Obedience | The Grid Day #21 (Kids)
- The Rock of Faith | The Grid Day #14 (Kids)
- The Rock of Love | The Grid Day #7 (Kids)
- The Rock of Truth | The Grid Day #0 (Kids)
- The Tower of Babel (Kids)
- The Shiny Face of Love (Kids)
- The Grossest Powdered Drink in the World (Kids)
- Moses and Mt. Sinai
- The Silly Little Golden Cow (Kids)
- When Your Prayers Bounce Off the Ceiling: Psalm 13 (Kids)
- Driving Down the Right Path: Psalm 1 (Kids)
- Step Into Good Habits (Kids)
- Stop Your Stinkin Thinkin (Kids)
- What Are Your Habits? (Kids)
- Look on the Bright Side (Kids)
- Get Happy: A Study in the Beatitudes (Kids Series)
- Bullies and Bad Guys (Kids)
- Sometimes Life Isn’t Fair (Kids)
- Just Relax, Habakkuk (Kids)
- Budgeting Basics For Christian Kids (Kids)
- How Much Do You Love Your Money? (Kids)
- Storyline (Kids Series)
- Where Does Our Money Come From? (Kids)
- The Famous Last Words of Moses | Last Words #1 (Kids)
- How to Grow | Foundations for Kids #3
- The Lego Principle (Kids Series)
- Throw Away Your Bad Batteries (Kids)
- Dollars and Sense For Kids (Kids Series)
- Faith Like a Little Mustard Seed (Kids)
- Be Like Spieth – Don’t Be a Sore Loser (Kids)
- Drive (Kids Series)
- The Story of Doubting Thomas (Kids)
- The Chicken, the Bunny and Easter Sunday (KIDS)
- God Never Said That (Kids Series)
- Keep Practicing What You’ve Learned (Kids)
- The Faith Hall of Fame (Kids Series)
- Think About Lovely Things (Kids)
- Freedom From Frenzy (Kids)
- The Book of Titus (Kids Series)
- Don’t Worry About Anything (Kids)
- Don’t Crack Your Friends Like an Egg (Kids)
- Listen To Your Coach (Kids)
- The Birds and the Bees for Kids
- Character Counts With God (Kids)
- Meet Titus, Cool Greek Guy (Kids)
- The Grumble Family (Kids)
- Introducing the Brain Game (Kids)
- Don’t Be a Weak Sauce Christian (Kids)
- Kidmo: Love God, Love Others
- Christian Kids Don’t Need Masks (Kids)
- You Can’t Order Up God Like a Kid’s Meal (KIDS)
- Are You a Kinda Sorta Christian? (Kids)
- Why Does Christmas Have So Many Lights? (Kids)
- Kinda Sorta Christian (KIDS SERIES)
- Be Full of Hope This Christmas (KIDS)
- Head Habits vs. Heart Habits (Kids)
- Family Christmas Devotional (Kids)
- Peacemakers and Troublemakers (KIDS)
- Shout for Joy at Christmas! (Kids)
- God Keeps Us Safe | The Book of Jude #2 (Kids)
- The Christmas Story (Kids Series)
- Postcards from Jude | The Book of Jude #1 (Kids)
- True Christmas (Kids Series)
- How Stuff Works: When You Have a Case of The “Gimmies” (KIDS)
- Clubhouse Rules for Christian Kids (Kids)
- How to Join the Jesus Club (Kids)
- The Story of Moses, Episode 3: The Burning Bush (KIDS)
- How to Boost Your Self-Esteem (Kids)
- The Story of Moses, Episode 2: Growing Up in a Palace (KIDS)
- The Story of Moses, Episode 1: His Birth (KIDS)
- 6 Benefits of Keeping Your Kids Active This Summer
- Does God Want Me to Be Happy?
- Don’t Forget The Third Thing!
- How Family Talk Works
- Simon Says, “Follow God!”
- Where Is God in the Garbage?
- Favorites: Start a Great Conversation with Your Family (Kids Series)
- How to Say You’re Sorry (and Really Mean It)
- What to Do When You’re Tempted as a Kid
- Moses and Mt. Sinai (Kids)
- Abraham: The Wanderer with a Dream (Kids)
- Noah: The Crazy Boat Captain (Kids)
- Enoch: The Man Who Walked with God and Never Died (Kids)
- What Are Your Habits?
- Cain and Abel: A Tale of Two Brothers (Kids)
- 3 Habits Every Christian Kid Should Have (Kids)
- What Every Christian Needs to Know (Kids)
- What Every Christian Kid Should Value (Kids)
- Why Every Christian Kid Goes to Church (Kids)
- Psalm 139 – How God Pursues You (Kids)
- Driven by Heaven (Kids)
- What Every Christian Kid Should Believe (Kids)
- Driven by Purpose (Kids)
- Psalm 100- Thanksgiving (Kids)
- Psalm 22- God And The Future (Kids)
- The Book of Psalms (Kids)
- Psalm 19- How God Speaks (Kids)
- Driven by Good (Kids)
- Psalm 34- Praise God Everyday (Kids)
- God Wants Us to Try Our Best (Kids)
- What Is the Church? (Kids)
- Psalm 121 – Trust in God’s Protection (Kids)
- What Is Self-Control? (Kids)
- Kids Track #1: The Nitty-Gritty
- Ways to Give When You’re a Kid (Kids)
- The Resurrection of Jesus (Kids)
- The Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes (Kids)
- Jesus Heals on the Sabbath (Kids)
- What If You Could Talk to Animals? | Proverbs for Kids #5
- The Temptation of Jesus (Kids)
- The Baptism of Jesus (Kids)
- Jesus and Zacchaeus (Kids)
- Lego Principle #2 – 5 Rules for Kid Connections
- Lego Principle #1 – Kids Are Like Legos
- What Is Baptism? (Kids)
- The Story of Esau | Sabotage #2 (Kids)
- What to Do When You’re Tempted (Kids) | Birds and Bees #3
- A Thing Called “Purity” (Kids) | Birds and Bees #2
- What’s the Deal with Sex? (Kids) | Birds and Bees #1
- The Story of Abraham and Lot | Sabotage #1 (Kids)
- Follow the Star (Kids Series)
- The Really, Really Special Invitation (Kids)
- The Really, Really Long Journey (Kids)
- The Really, Really Bright Star (Kids)
- How It All Started (Kids)
- How the Story Lives On (Kids)
- How Jesus Fixed It All (Kids)
- How People Messed It Up (Kids)
- Winning at Losing | How to Win at Everything #4 (Kids)
- Winning at School | How to Win at Everything #3 (Kids)
- Winning with Money | How to Win at Everything #2 (Kids)
- Winning at Church | How to Win at Everything #1 (Kids)
- Treat Others Right | Survival Guide #3 (Kids)
- Hungry for God (Kids)
- Where Happiness Starts (Kids)
- Christians Around the World: IRAQ (Kids)
- Happy are the Merciful (Kids)
- Obey Your Parents | Survival Guide #2 (Kids)
- Put God First | Survival Guide #1 (Kids)
- The Story of Moses, Episode 4: The Parting of the Red Sea (KIDS)
- How to Live | Foundations for Kids #2
- How to Start a Relationship with God | Foundations for Kids #1
- How Stuff Works: Forgiveness (Kids)
- How Stuff Works: Friendship (Kids)
- Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego (Kids)
- Josiah & God’s Word (Kids)
- Naaman & the Girl with no Name (Kids)
- Jehoshaphat & Prayer (Kids)
- Elijah & the Real God (Kids)
- Samson & Self-Control (Kids)
- How Stuff Works: Feelings (Kids)
- Don’t Be Friends with Poisonous People! (Kids)
- Don’t Speak Poisonous Words! (Kids)
- Don’t Drink Poisonous Thoughts! (Kids)
- Kids and worship
- KIDS – God wants everyone to hear
- KIDS – What is Grace?
- KIDS – What is Sin?