Welcome to the Start Page for Divine Back Nine, a pursueGOD partner ministry for golf fanatics (www.divinebacknine.com). This page will introduce you to our site and recommend topics and series just for you. Watch the video below to learn how it works and scroll down to get started. Click here to request a mentor from DBN.
DIVINE BACK NINE was created so guys could golf on a regular basis throughout the year without breaking the bank or burdening schedules. The goal is to create an environment where guys can connect on the course and invest in each other relationally. We recommend picking a topic from this page to talk about during your round. Visit divinebacknine.com
What is PursueGOD.org?
The goal of the pursueGOD resources is to make discipleship accessible for the average Christian, whether in a group setting, one-on-one, or with your family. It takes 3 steps: (1) find a topic from our site (which includes a short video and text summary), (2) share the link so everyone can learn about it, and (3) get together to talk about it (using the discussion questions as needed). The key to this simple discipleship method is picking the right topic, and that’s what this start page is for. Scroll down to browse topics.
Where should I start?
Feel free to start with any topic at all – everything on our site has been carefully chosen with biblical values in mind. But to get the most out of our resources – and to go “full circle” in your faith – we recommend completing our PG Pathway with a group or mentor (see below). Click here to request a mentor from DBN.
What do we offer for the family?
What’s the story of PursueGOD.org?
PursueGOD was created after a group of pastors realized their church was broken. Though the church was large and growing, they were creating consumer Christians instead of disciple-makers. It wasn’t the people’s fault; the pastors had unwittingly created the problem. So they started re-defining “the win”. Instead of counting attenders, they began counting disciple-makers. That’s why pursueGOD.org was born – to give everyday Christians the tools to make disciples, one topic at a time. Learn more about PG.
What is FLEXTALK.org?
Some people won’t be interested in using the Bible-based resources of pursueGOD.org. That’s why we created FLEXTALK.org, a conversation library based on common sense values… instead of explicit biblical teaching. The method is the same, empowering conversations one topic at a time. Use FLEXTALK at work, at school, or in your community. Click here to visit FLEXTALK.org.
TOPICS FOR YOU
We’ve pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series for you. Click on a link below to expand.
THE PG PATHWAY
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor from DBN.)
- Warm up with a few topics on investigating faith or something else of interest. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on our “Chapter a Day” Bible reading plan on the New Testament. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring using the “Get Trained” tab below. That’s where you’ll find our Mentor Training series along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor at DBN. Registering makes sure your pastors and leaders know you’re ready to help others who want to pursue God at your church.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
Below we’ve pulled together everything you need to get trained and start mentoring using the tools at pursueGOD.org. Watch the video to learn how it works and scroll down to start working the 4 steps.
Done training? Click here to register as a mentor at DBN.
Try a recommended series or scroll down for our newest topics.
Without an objective moral law-giver, all morality is subjective and situational. So how can we know for sure what is right and wrong?
Can we be saved after death? It’s a question people have wondered about for ages.
Some Christians can’t help but approach God with a legalistic mindset. Is salvation by faith really that easy?
If you have a deep need for affirmation, it might just be how you’re wired. But it can also be a stumbling block if you’re not careful.
God calls us to live a life that makes Jesus famous. That means learning to honor God every day.
Despite what many different religions teach, the Bible teaches that Jesus is God. Five A’s will help you remember this important Christian doctrine.
The theme of “Heaven and Earth” begins in the first verse of the Bible. But what’s that really about?
If you’re in relationships with human beings, they’ll inevitably fail you at some point. Here’s what to do about it.
Living as a Christian changes our identity, but it doesn’t usually happen overnight. Try these three steps if you’re struggling.
You may have lost a few friends to combat or training accidents. It seems like a useless waste of life, so how do you deal with it?
Are there biblical guidelines that may help Christians decide whether or not recreational marijuana usage should be practiced by followers of Jesus?
The secret to following Jesus is not to try hard to keep all the rules or expectations, but to live in deep connection with Jesus himself.
You aren’t going to be rich if in the military. But if you take advantage of opportunities and don’t live beyond your means, you’ll be extremely well positioned in retirement.
The Bible is filled with people who failed yet God still used them for his purposes. Don’t let your failings get in the way of being used by God.
How can the Gospel help with the racial issues in America?
Religious communities are notorious for separating insiders from outsiders. But when Jesus came, everything changed.
Long, flowy hair and the well-trimmed beard…really?
Whether you’re religious or not, you probably have some idea of Jesus in your head. This section of Colossians will give you a more complete picture.
Being a servant leader within a military structure can seem like an oxymoron but it’s far more attainable and effective than one might think.
Nobody likes to be told what to do. What role do other believers have in your life?
The message of Jesus has been changing lives for over 2000 years, and it’s as powerful today as it was the first time it was spoken.
Jesus taught his followers not to judge – but it’s the most misinterpreted verse in the entire Bible.
The apostle Paul lists four practical habits to foster the peace from God that passes all understanding.
The third foundational truth for pursuing God is that your life on earth is not about you, but about joining God in his mission in this world.