BAY CITY CHURCH
Bay City Church is a new pursueGOD church plant in San Francisco. Use the links below to request a mentor from our church or to learn more about how you can partner with us to launch this ministry. Scroll down for featured topics.
HOW IT WORKS
Hey there! You’ve found one of our “Partner Pages” at pursueGOD.org. In this section we’ll explain how to use our resources with a group or mentor.
Before you start…
At pursueGOD.org, our mission is to empower conversations to help people pursue God. We believe that real life change happens when people have honest, informed conversations. But keep this in mind: no one can pursue God for you. If you’ve been invited into a mentoring relationship, your mentor is ready to invest in you. But don’t make your mentor work harder than you. Be “all in” with your pursuit of God, no matter where you stand right now.
What does pursueGOD offer for the family?
The FLEX Method
So here’s how to pursue God with our free online resources. We call it the “FLEX” method, and it takes just three simple steps:
- FIND A TOPIC. Browse our resources and pick a topic that you want to learn about (scroll down on this Start Page for recommended topics). All of our content starts with a short video and includes a summary article.
- LEARN ABOUT IT. This is where you take ownership. On your own, watch the video and check out the related topics as needed. Some people like to journal on the topic, going through the discussion questions ahead of time and taking notes. How you prep is up to you, but remember: no one can pursue God for you. You’ll get out of this what you put into it.
- EXPLORE IT TOGETHER. This is where your group or mentor fits in. Get together in person or over the phone, and simply have a conversation. That’s where real life-change happens: when people have honest, informed conversations.
And that’s it. One topic at a time, discover the truth of the Bible. Talk about life, faith, family, and more. Our tools empower conversations so you can pursue God at your own pace. And when you’re ready to go “full circle” in your pursuit of God, we recommend that you complete “The Pathway”.
At PG, we want to see people around the world living out a full-circle pursuit of God: trusting Jesus, honoring God, and helping others pursue God. To help you to do this, we’ve put together a 3-month track called “The Pathway”. It’s an expanded version of our Foundations series, and it will guide you through the most basic steps you need to take to become a whole-hearted follower of Jesus. Go through The Pathway with your mentor, and soon you’ll be ready to help someone else pursue God.
At PG, we believe Jesus wants everyone to get in the game and start making disciples. Learn how to use our free resources for disciple-making on our Mentor Page.
PARTNER WITH US
We’re excited to get started in San Francisco. Watch the video below to learn more, and click here to partner with Bay City Church.
Find more videos on our Jesus Renaissance YouTube channel.
Let’s think carefully as Christians about three different lenses through which to view transgenderism and gender dysphoria.
Technology has provided incredible advancements, making information and communication easier between people. However, it does provide a tool for both good and evil.
When we understand God’s generosity it inspires us to be generous to others.
Karma is a popular idea these days. People like the idea that everybody gets what they deserve. But is Karma biblical?
Jesus came to turn our world order, our expectations of greatness, upside-down.
Dig into the origin of our Santa legends to discover that Santa Claus has a strong connection to Jesus.
Learn why one of the most controversial teachings in the Bible is also one of the most important.
Ever wonder how the story of Santa Claus came to be? We put it to music! This is the evolution of Santa.
God’s will is always for our best, and he guides us in life’s decisions as we trust in him.
Six do’s and don’ts to help you experience a wonderful time with your family and friends during the holidays.
Do you feel like an outsider in your church community? God has a message for you.
Excerpt: When you lose someone, it’s important to honor their memory by doing things that remind you of their importance in your life.
We have every reason to be confident in telling others about our faith in Jesus.
How do you know if you’re qualified to baptize someone?
Financial giving is an important part of a relationship between a believer and God, but there are many misconceptions about what giving is and what it means.
Grief is an ongoing experience, though its effects change as time goes on. Joanne shares some of the things she does to remember her loved ones through the grieving process.
In this series, learn about the basic Christian practices all followers of Jesus should be doing.
Fasting is a biblical practice that isn’t commonly observed in the modern church, but which has great benefits for Christian growth.
The ritual of communion is an important way for Christians to express intimacy with Jesus.
You’re not dating, and you’re good with it. So here’s what to say when people keep asking about your love life.
Baptism is an important step for every Christian because it declares outwardly the inward reality of our salvation.
Help your kids fight the temptation to live selfish lives. Instead, encourage them to be a light for Jesus by serving and loving others.
“When it comes to social issues, just stick to the gospel.” But are there problems with this mindset?
The church plays a vital role in every Christian’s growth to maturity.
CLICK FOR MORE
- Communicating with God | Basic Practices for Growing Christians #3
- Before You Date, Be Content with Your Life
- Feeding on God’s Word | Basic Practices for Growing Christians #2
- How to Drift from God | Bad Advice #2
- What Facebook Did to American Democracy
- Should an Athlete Stand or Kneel?
- Relativism and the Rejection of Absolute Truth
- No Peer Pressure
- Playing Games with Your Sin
- Steps Toward Racial Healing (Series)
- The Complex Human Body as Evidence of a Creator
- Does It Matter What I Say on Social Media?
- When Should You Start Dating?
- Your Identity in Christ
- JoAnn’s Story: The Stages of Grief
- 5 Reasons to Choose Joy
- Go-to Bible Verses for Different Struggles (Students)
- How to Make Your Faith Your Own
- Is My Sin Really a Problem?
- The Ridiculousness of Pop Song Lyrics (Students)
- Teen Anxiety and Depression: How to Overcome (Students)
- Guilt & Repentance
- 5 Love Languages (Series)
- How to Set Healthy Boundaries with Your in-Laws
- Journaling in Your Pursuit of God
- Do You Want MORE Out of Life?
- Is It Okay to Do In Vitro Fertilization?
- What Do Christians Have Against Homosexuality?
- Being a Man of God
- What Christian Men Want in a Woman | Christian Men and Dating #2
- The Dead Sea Scrolls
- Is Pursuing God Really Just Joining a Religion?
- Is It Wrong to Have Guilty Pleasures?
- Self Control | Fruits of the Spirit #6
- Should Christians Get Tattoos?
- You’ve Tried Fighting with Everything But Prayer
- Why the News Isn’t Really the News
- Jesus Isn’t Unique
- Are Selfies Really Something New?
- Parenting Your Kids Through Gender Identity
- Fruits of the Spirit (Series)
- Social Media and Christianity
- The Roommate Spouse Is a Bad Idea
- Christians and Politics
- What’s Your Meyers-Briggs Temperament?
- 7 Reasons Why Every Christian Should Read the Old Testament
- Is It OK to Smoke Marijuana?
- Do Christians Need to Care About the Environment?
- Biblical Knowledge Doesn’t Equal Spiritual Maturity
- Christian Men and Dating (Series)
- An Overview of Matthew: Matthew Chapters 14-28
- Emotional Intelligence for Pastors (Series)
- 5 Reasons to Believe in the Resurrection of Jesus
- How We Got the New Testament
- How to Ask For Forgiveness
- Drive (Series)
- Develop Your Love Map
- A Drive for Purpose | Ryan’s Story
- 3 Principles for Christian Dating
- Did Christians Invent the Story of Jesus?
- Waiting Until Mating
- Objection: “You’re Only a Christian Because You Were Raised That Way”
- Spiritual Formation for Pastors (Series)
- Mentoring New Believers
- The Lost Art of Dating
- What Is a Simple Way to Memorize Scripture?
- Judging vs Not Judging | Versus #1
- Four Roadblocks to an Apology
- In-Law Conflict: Your Wife vs Your Mother
- What Your Wife Really Needs to Hear
- The Importance of Forgiveness in Marriage
- How to Help a Friend Who Is Thinking About Suicide (Students)
- Keeping Long-Time Christians Engaged in Church
- Watching the News in a Post-Truth World
- What If You Could Have the Perfect Plan for Your Life? | What If? #2
- Using the Lord’s Prayer as a Pattern for Prayer
- Feed on Scripture Every Day | Point Man #5
- Warning Signs on the Edge of an Affair | Point Man #3
- Faith for Skeptics (Series)
- 3 Key Questions for Effective Bible Study
- Where Did We Get the Bible? | Bible Basics for Youth #1
- What Every Healthy Relationship Must Have
- God’s Invitation to Intimacy
- 5 Reasons to Believe in the Resurrection (Students)
- What’s the Point of Christmas? (Students)
- Why Is the Path to Heaven so Narrow?
- How to Deal with Rejection
- Men and Women: Just Friends?
- Chip and Joanna Gaines in the Crosshairs
- Three Types of “Almost” Disciples
- Live in the Light | Get Rich #6
- A Better Way to Pray | Get Rich #5
- 5 Common Heresies Today
- Am I a Lukewarm Christian?
- Fighting for Peace | Get Rich #4
- Being Christian Without Your Bible?!?
- Should Christians Ever Break the Law?
- God and Politics (Students)
- The Walking Dead | Get Rich #3
- The Resurrection of Jesus | Jesus: The Series (Students)
- Doubting Christianity: Can Christians Doubt?
- Can I Live with My Boyfriend or Girlfriend if We’re Not Having Sex?
- Something Every Girl Needs to Hear
- What to Look for in a Potential Spouse
- The Christian Student’s Survival Guide
- What Stephen Hawking Got Wrong About the Universe
- Where Do You Find Your Identity?
- The Grid (Series)
- Dangerous Ideas | The Grid Day #0
- When a Relationship Is an Idol (Students)
- Who Should I Marry?
- Did I Really Hear From God?
- Your Feelings Can Mislead You (Students)
- How to Abstain from Pornography
- Top 5 Bible Verses on Hope
- RNC + Social Issues + Love + Matthew 22
- How Many Paths Are There to God?
- Idols (Students Series)
- All About Walking by the Spirit
- The Holy Spirit’s Work | Bible Basics for New Believers #11
- Are People Basically Good?
- What Is The Biblical Response To #BlackLivesMatter?
- How Do I Start a Hard Conversation?
- God Is with You When You Are Hurting (Students)
- Life Verses for Parents and Teens | Life Verses #3
- Life Verses for Parents and Teens | Life Verses #2
- Life Verses for Parents and Teens | Life Verses #1
- What if I Don’t Want to Read the Bible?
- Why Should Christians Be Involved in Politics?
- Coping with Your Need for Affirmation
- Are There Contradictions in the Bible?
- A Giving Challenge for Christians
- Did Jesus Ever Claim to Be God?
- How Do I Become a Christian?
- A Biblical Response to the Syrian Refugee Crisis
- Don’t Smother Your Spouse
- Emotional Sobriety
- How Much Money Should Christians Save?
- How the Gospel of Grace Speaks to Race
- Should I Give Money to People on the Street?
- 3 Helpful Bible Passages for Bible Translation Snobs
- Can You Trust the Bible? (Students)
- New Believers (Track)
- How Much Proof Do I Need to Believe?
- How Should Christians Spend Money on Entertainment and Leisure
- Don’t Get Comfortable in the City of Garbage
- One Moment When Everything Changed
- Is it Possible to Fall Back in Love With Your Spouse?
- If You Love Me, Don’t Ask Me to Change
- Dealing with Doubt (Series)
- Stressed About the Future (Students)
- 3 Bad Ideas About God & Government
- Four Types of Connections in Your Home
- Think Differently to Eliminate Stress (Students)
- A Chapter a Day: Bible Reading Plan
- What Skeptics Should Understand About Christianity (Thoughts from the Movie Risen)
- The Key to Overcoming Anxiety for Youth (Students)
- Archeological Evidence: The Bible – Can You Dig It?
- 5 Reasons to Read the Old Testament
- The Book of Titus (Kids Series)
- Why Is the Bible Reliable?
- Never Read a Bible Verse
- How Has Christianity Helped the World?
- Christian Dating Secrets REVEALED! (Students)
- Drama Girls and Why They’re Mean (Students)
- Assumptions About Christian Dating
- How God Created the World
- The Book of Titus: It’s Not Just About You
- What Is Lent?
- Matthew 24: Are You Ready for the End?
- Matthew 23: The Importance of Spiritual Leadership
- The Five Thresholds of Faith (Series)
- The Book of Titus: It’s All About Leadership
- Matthew 22: The Greatest Commandment
- What My Three Year Old Taught Me About Fighting Sin
- Can We Trust Our Feeling to Know What Is True?
- The Book of Titus (Series)
- The Book of Titus: Only God Can Rescue Us
- Christians at College
- Counterfeit Gods
- FAQ: What Is the Purpose of Existence?
- Kinda Sorta Christian: Don’t Ask Me to Share My Faith (Students)
- The Grace Narrative
- 15 Things Not to Say to an Atheist
- Parents, Take Initiative With Your Kids
- Is it Okay to Take Medication for Depression and Anxiety?
- Don’t Be Boy Crazy (Students)
- Some Do’s and Don’ts for Helping Those Who Are Grieving
- The Time You Have in Jelly Beans
- Building Trust and Care (Track)
- Running the Race of Life
- Practicing Biblical Meditation
- How Can I Find Joy in a Joyless Environment?
- Communication in Marriage: How to Prevent Arguments
- Marital Conflict Comes From a Sinful Heart
- 6 Bible Passages on Homosexuality that Every Christian Should Study and Pray About
- Sex Before Marriage | Are Christians Missing Out #2 (Students)
- Who Is Jesus?
- Why Are So Many People Talking About Starbucks’ Red Cups?
- Emotions for Men
- Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?
- How Emotions Work
- 3 Tips on How to Read the Bible
- Is It A Sin For A Christian To Smoke Marijuana?
- The Skeptical Student (Series)
- Is It Ok For Believers To Participate In Halloween?
- How to Defeat Worry (Students)
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Cohabitation vs Commitment
- How to Manage Your Anger Issues
- How to Manage Stress in a Blended Family
- Does God Have Emotions?
- Handling Tough Emotions (Series)
- Creation Gives Evidence of God
- Struggling with Sadness
- 3 Tips on How to Read the Bible (Students)
- Facing Fear
- Addressing Anger
- How Much Power Does the President Really Have?
- Is Obedience Better Than Sacrifice?
- Wives, Don’t “Mother” Your Husbands
- Does God Want Me to Be Happy? (Students)
- Helping Others | Foundations for Women #3
- God Wants You to Get in the Game (Students)
- How Can I Hear God’s Voice?
- Trust Your Instruments
- Bible Basics: Where Did We Get the Bible?
- Is Everything Really Going to Work Out?
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 | Life Verses for Parents #2
- 3 Things Bill Maher Might Be Wrong About
- How to Get Rid of Bitterness in Your Heart
- Hannah | Women of the Old Testament #4
- Faithfulness and Gentleness | Fruits of the Spirit #5
- Kindness and Goodness | Fruits of the Spirit #4
- 5 Benefits of Sexual Purity as a Young Man
- Peace and Patience | Fruits of the Spirit #3
- Resurrection Evidence: 5 Reasons to Believe that Jesus Really Rose
- Manuscript Evidence: Has the Bible Changed Over the Centuries?
- 5 Habits for the Christian Life | Christian Basics #1
- What Is a Biblical Worldview?
- Love and Joy | Fruits of the Spirit #2
- 5 Practices Christians Do Together | Christian Basics #4
- An Introduction | Fruits of the Spirit #1
- How to Grieve Like a Man
- 5 Things Every Christian Needs to Know about Gay Marriage
- How Do I Get to Heaven? (Students)
- Is It Ok For A Christian To Have A Concealed Handgun License?
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Bruce Jenner, Caitlyn Jenner, and Transgenderism
- Developing Emotional Intelligence | Emotional Intelligence for Pastors #4
- Should Christians Play the Charlie Charlie Game? (Students)
- How Should A Christian View The Religious Freedom Restoration Act?
- Is It OK for Christians to Live Together Before They Get Married?
- Driven by Good
- Which Bible Translation Should I Choose?
- Driven by Purpose
- Driven by Eternity
- How Far Is Too Far Before Marriage?
- What’s Wrong with Hollywood Today?
- What to Do When God Doesn’t Show Up
- Overcoming Selfishness
- Managing Toxic Relationships
- Managing Toxic Relationships | Toxic #3 (Students)
- Unhealthy Ways to Handle Toxic People
- Battling Toxic Words
- Choose Your Friends Wisely
- Overcoming Toxic Thoughts
- Doubting when Faith Doesn’t Make Sense
- Doubting Because You Don’t Feel Like a Christian
- Doubting when Life Gets Hard
- The Mechanics of Bible Study: The S-O-A-P Method
- Global Causes of Poverty
- The Skeptical Student #1: Setting Up the Encounter
- The Skeptical Student #2: Meet Nathanael
- Spiritual Disciplines for Pastors | Spiritual Formation for Pastors #6
- Foundations of Spiritual Formation | Spiritual Formation for Pastors #5
- Growing Through Hardships | Spiritual Formation for Pastors # 4
- Introducing Spiritual Formation | Spiritual Formation for Pastors #1
- Causes of Poverty in America
- Learn How to Pray (Series)
- The Trifecta for Christian Living
- Step Two: Love | Steps Toward Racial Healing #2
- The LEGO Principle (Series)
- God Values Relationships
- The “One-Another” Life
- How to Start a Young Adults Group
- The LEGO Principle: 5 Keys to Connecting
- Learning the Fourth Love Language: Acts of Service | 5 Love Languages #5
- Helping Others Who Grieve
- James: Faith for the Other 6 Days (Series)
- Learning the Third Love Language: Giving Gifts | 5 Love Languages #4
- Faith for Skeptics: Reasons to Believe
- Learning the Second Love Language: Quality Time | 5 Love Languages #3
- Faith for Skeptics: The Two Sides of Belief
- Faith for Skeptics: Two Keys to Belief
- Learning the First Love Language: Words of Affirmation | 5 Love Languages #2
- How to Worship God Outside of Music
- Why Pray If God Knows Everything Any Way?
- Ferguson, Empathy, & Hope
- Anger Management Techniques
- Questions for Better Bible Reading
- The Holy Spirit and the Bible | 1 Corinthians 2
- What’s a Compelling Way to Talk with Others about Abortion?
- What Is Faith?
- Clean and Unclean Animals
- The Bible and Vegetarianism
- Does the Bible Authorize Capital Punishment?
- The Spirit Leads us
- Why Should I Read the Old Testament?
- The LEGO Principle: 5 Reasons for Connecting
- Step One: Listen | Steps Toward Racial Healing #1
- Should Christians Today Fast?
- Learning the Fifth Love Language: Physical Touch | 5 Love Languages #6
- How to Grow in Your Faith | Foundations #3
- How to Live as a Christian | Foundations #2
- How to Start a Pursuit of God | Foundations #1
- Foundations (Series)