Welcome to the Start Page for Alpine Church, a pursueGOD network church in northern Utah (www.alpinechurch.org). This page will introduce you to our site and recommend topics and series just for you. Watch the video below to learn how it works and scroll down to get started. Click here to request a mentor from Alpine.
The goal of the pursueGOD resources is to make discipleship accessible for the average Christian, whether in a group setting, one-on-one, or with your family. It takes 3 steps: (1) find a topic from our site (which includes a short video and text summary), (2) share the link so everyone can learn about it, and (3) get together to talk about it (using the discussion questions as needed). The key to this simple discipleship method is picking the right topic, and that’s what this start page is for. Scroll down to browse topics.
Where should I start?
Feel free to start with any topic at all – everything on our site has been carefully chosen with biblical values in mind. But to get the most out of our resources – and to go “full circle” in your faith – we recommend completing our PG Pathway with a group or mentor (see below). Click here to request a mentor from Alpine Church.
What do we offer for the family?
What’s the story of PursueGOD.org?
PursueGOD was created after a group of pastors realized their church was broken. Though the church was large and growing, they were creating consumer Christians instead of disciple-makers. It wasn’t the people’s fault; the pastors had unwittingly created the problem. So they started re-defining “the win”. Instead of counting attenders, they began counting disciple-makers. That’s why pursueGOD.org was born – to give everyday Christians the tools to make disciples, one topic at a time. Learn more about PG.
What is FLEXTALK.org?
Some people won’t be interested in using the Bible-based resources of pursueGOD.org. That’s why we created FLEXTALK.org, a conversation library based on common sense values… instead of explicit biblical teaching. The method is the same, empowering conversations one topic at a time. Use FLEXTALK at work, at school, or in your community. Click here to visit FLEXTALK.org.
Watch our newest sermon video or view them on our Alpine Church YouTube channel.
TOPICS FOR YOU
We've pulled together some of our most relevant topics and series for you. Click on a link below to expand.
Want even more topics? Browse our full index.
Want a quick conversation starter? Try a 2-Minute sketch video:
THE PG PATHWAY
The PG Pathway is a series of steps that will help you go “full circle” in your pursuit of God over the next 3 to 6 months. Complete the steps below with a group or mentor. (Need help with these 10 steps? Click here to request a mentor from Alpine.)
- Warm up with a few topics on investigating faith or something else of interest. The first few topics you cover with your mentor are important and can lay the groundwork for a meaningful pursuit of God.
- Get started on our “Chapter a Day” Bible reading plan on the New Testament. This will help you develop the important habit of reading the Bible for yourself, and our short daily videos will give you the guidance you need.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #1 to learn how to start a relationship with God. It’s easier than you think, because Jesus did everything needed to make it possible.
- Talk about getting to your faith moment and becoming a Christ-follower. This is where you’ll have the opportunity to make a personal response of faith if haven’t already.
- Cover one or more topics on Christian baptism – and get baptized if you haven’t already. This step doesn’t save you, but it’s an important act of obedience to Jesus.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #2 to learn about how to live as a Christian. It’s all about honoring God and going his direction instead of doing your own thing.
- Complete the Christian Basics series or choose another series of interest. You’ll be able to cover more topics and series later, but this is a good time to study something that will strengthen your foundation.
- Talk about Foundations Truth #3 to learn about making disciples. This is the important final step in “full circle” Christianity, and our resources will equip you to do it.
- Get trained on pursueGOD mentoring using the “Get Trained” tab below. That’s where you’ll find our Mentor Training series along with additional topics to help you become a disciple-maker.
- Start helping someone pursue God, and click here to register as a mentor at Alpine Church. Registering makes sure your pastors and leaders know you’re ready to help others who want to pursue God at your church.
And that’s it! Go through the pathway and then continue to pursue God with additional topics and series… and help others do the same.
Below we’ve pulled together everything you need to get trained and start mentoring using the tools at pursueGOD.org. Watch the video to learn how it works and scroll down to start working the 4 steps.
Done training? Click here to register as a mentor at Alpine Church.
Try a recommended series or scroll down for our newest topics.
Racism did not end with the abolition of slavery or with Martin Luther King, Jr. Start a conversation about how to begin healing racial divides.
What are the Dead Sea Scrolls and who wrote them? Archaeologist Guy Steibel takes us inside one of the caves where they were found.
Is “pursuing God” really just joining a church or religious organization? A lot of people equate “God” with “religion.” This isn’t necessarily good!
Unless we remain alert, sin will creep in little by little and extinguish the vitality of our relationship with Jesus.
Human beings have a unique and special status in God’s creation because we were made in the image of God.
The Bible says there is a hell and people go there. But is it a temporary place, or does Hell last forever?
We don’t need to make excuses for poor choices. The Spirit in us empowers us to love, to be brave, and to have self-control.
Are people in heaven aware of what’s going on with us here on earth? What does the Bible say about it?
Why are so many Christ-loving guys still single? The answers may be hard to hear. Unlocking the key to what women want in a Christian man requires an honest look inward.
Mentoring is the secret sauce of Christian parenting. But who should mentor as your kids get older?
Many Christian women have what they call their “guilty pleasures.” Is there anything wrong with these things?
Learn how to see those around you the way Jesus saw people.
Is it ever okay to abort a child, even if testing shows the child will be born with special needs?
Jesus warns how idolatry and immorality can pull people away from God.
The Book of Joshua is all about a call to courageous faith.
When we put our trust in Jesus, we are set free from our past mistakes and able to live a life that honors God.
Some of God’s attributes can be understood because they are reflected – in a limited way – in human beings.
Learn why self control is so important and why the Spirit wants to grow this fruit in your lives.
Pastor Matt Chandler calls out men on their responsibility to go all in at home.
If you don’t humble yourself and admit your mistakes, your kids will never grow up to do it.
Tattoos can be especially controversial in Christian circles. They have often been associated with rebelliousness, and others have argued from Old Testament passages that it is sinful for God’s people to be tattooed.
As an infinite being, God possesses many attributes that human beings can never share in any way.
Holding onto Jesus is not a one-time decision, but a series of continuing decisions. If we forget this, we risk the same warning given to Pergamum 2,000 years ago.
We can at times turn to our own efforts and wisdom for fighting demonic oppression and sin when what we really should be doing is going to the Lord in prayer.