Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
There is a long standing Jewish tradition of praying blessings over God's people. The blessing wasn't a promise of a perfect life but a reminder that a perfect God was on their side.
- We should pray blessings over our kids. They need to know how important they are to us and that we care about their future.
- The daily ritual is meaningful. Your kids need the prayers, and this positive habit will provide them comfort and stability.
- It’s not a promise for a perfect life. Praying daily isn’t a guarantee that everything will always be peachy, but it is a reminder that God is with us in all things.
Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
See Also: Parenting, Spiritual Disciplines
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Why do you think God wants to bless his children? How has he blessed you?
- Do you have other habits you do with your kids? Explain.
- How could praying a blessing over your kids everyday impact you and your kids?
- Read Romans 8:28. How can the hard stuff in life be for our good? Do you have an example of from your own life to share?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.