Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Peer pressure is an inevitability. We will face it in many stages of our lives and especially in our youth.
- Peer pressure is something we all encounter and struggle with. It can keep us away from the path God has for our lives.
- Keeping our focus on the work of God can help us be strong in the face of peer pressure. Having that sense of purpose and belonging will help us overcome it.
- We will be pressured and tempted to make all different kinds of choices that may seem appealing, but if we keep our focus on God, we will know what choice to make.
- Putting time and effort into our worship, our study, and our prayer will help us stand firm in the face of others trying to turn us away from God.
Peer pressure can come in many forms, but the more we know that we have a purpose and can do the work of God no matter our age, the more we will have the strength to say no and stand firm in our faith.
See Also: Christian Living, Friendship, Just for Young Adults
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you had negative experiences with peer pressure? If so, what have you learned from those experiences?
- Javonte says that friends will not try and lead us down the wrong path. Have you ever thought someone was a friend but found out that they were leading you astray? Explain.
- What are some ways you can strengthen your faith and relationship with God so that you can face peer pressure and not let it get to you?
- Think of some examples of people in the Bible who had to stand up to peer pressure. How can their stories help us today?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Students 101 series. This topic is adapted from the Javonte Kipp YouTube channel.