Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Toxic people tend to create toxic relationships, which can have serious consequences for our lives. Here's what to do about it.
- The Bible warns about toxic relationships. Some relationships are unhealthy for us.
- Be careful about three kinds of toxic people: the negative person, the controller, and the tempter.
- You can manage toxic relationships in two simple ways – setting healthy boundaries and knowing when to cut off the relationship.
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
See Also: Friendship, Relationships, Sermonlink
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How do you know when you are in a toxic relationship? Give an example from personal experience if you have one.
- Read Proverbs 13:20 and 1 Corinthians 15:33. What are some consequences of toxic relationships?
- Look at the three kinds of toxic people. Which one do you normally attract as a friend? Why do you think that is?
- Why are boundaries important in relationships? How can you set healthy boundaries in your relationships right now?
- Think of toxic relationships from your past. How did you handle the situation? What, if anything, would you do differently now?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part o the Toxic series. It is adapted from Lifechurch.tv’s “Toxic” series.