Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- We don’t get to choose our “origin story,” but we do get to choose where we invest our time and energy. Use it to to invest in a relationship with God (Psalm 119:30).
- We have the freedom to do many things, but wasting our freedom on “side questing” won’t help us complete the “main quest.” Don’t waste your life (1 Corinthians 10:23).
- Don’t get hung up on appearances. “Stats” are what really matter. God uses us because of who we are inside, not because of what others think of us (1 Samuel 16:7).
- Everyone needs a friend who is like a “healer” because were all going to “take damage” in life (Proverbs 18:24). Be a “healer” to your friends and family.
- Wear the proper armor and upgrade it when you can (Ephesians 6:10-18). We all need protection against our spiritual enemies.
- Don’t get lost in materialism; manage your “inventory” (Luke 12:15). You won’t get anywhere if you’re overencumbered.
- Little victories might seem little, but the “experience” adds up to help you take on greater challenges later on (Luke 16:10). Sometimes in life, we’ve got to “grind.”
- When an enemy is too tough, “group up” with others. The Christian life is a cooperative experience (Galatians 6:2).
- Don’t let failure knock you out of the game. There are always “checkpoints” (Proverbs 24:16).
- We all have to backtrack in life sometimes (Isaiah 55:7; John 3:16). But “backtracking” from your path to get on God’s path is the only way to truly move forward and win the game.
Psalm 119:30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.