Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
When you lose someone, it’s important to honor their memory by doing things that remind you of their importance in your life.
- Looking at pictures and videos is a great way to keep memories alive.
- Try to find a way to turn a tragedy into a story of triumph.
- Grief is a process and you have to be patient to get through it.
Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
See Also: Grief, Emotions
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some things people in your life have done to remember loved ones who have passed? How were these things helpful?
- Why is it important to remember those we’ve lost? What can happen if we bury our feelings and memories?
- If you’ve lost someone, what are some things you can do to keep their memory alive?
- Read Psalm 34:18. What does it mean to you that God cares about your broken heart? How has God already helped to rescue you in your time of loss? In what ways are you still waiting on God?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.