Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
Your hormones are raging, and that can drive you crazy. Here's how to handle it.
- Let God’s truth define you. Don’t look to the world to tell you how to interpret these thoughts. (John 8:32.)
- Take the wrong thoughts captive and force them into submission to Jesus. (2 Corinthians 10:5.)
- Get serious about reading the Bible every day. Throw scripture at every lie that you hear. (Matthew 4:4.)
2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV) We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
See Also: Lust, Sexuality
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you ever have weird sexual thoughts? Explain.
- Read John 8:32. What is the message of the world when it comes to sexuality? How is that different from what the Bible teaches?
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:5. What would it look like practically to “take your thoughts captive”?
- Look at Matthew 4. How many times did Jesus quote scripture to the devil? What are some scripture verses you can quote when you’re having weird thoughts? How are these verses helpful to you personally?
- How often do you read the Bible? Are you willing to step it up?
- Who are some trusted people who can help you gain accountability on this issue?
- Action step: pick a Bible reading plan to start on this week.