Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
An authentic pursuit of God requires good habits, good choices and a bunch of self-discipline.
- Start small. Self-discipline is all about habits – even simple ones.
- Start early. It is never too soon to start practicing self-discipline.
- Remember the reason. Christians should be self-disciplined because we want to honor God.
Luke 16:10 If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.
See Also: Christian Living, Discipline, Habits
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some good habits you’d like to develop? Why?
- What are some bad habits you’d like to get rid of? Why?
- What good habits would be easy for you to start doing today?
- What habits should you start doing even if you feel like they’re something you don’t want to do?
- Read Luke 16:10. What do you think this verse means? Why is self-discipline important in a pursuit of God?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.