Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
How can the Gospel help with the racial issues in America?
- Examine yourself. We need to be honest with ourselves about the negative stereotypes that we are believing about different races.
- Be an example. When racial tensions arise in the world, we as Christians should not shy away from them, but rather address them through the gospel.
- Call people to know the perfect judge. Through these acts of racial injustice, we have an amazing opportunity to share what God says about authority and justice with the world.
John 13:35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.
See Also: Culture, Gospel, Racism
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are your personal feelings towards other races? Do you feel like your attitude towards people of other races aligns with Jesus’ love for them?
- What are some ways that you could help bridge the racial gap in your church or community?
- Read John 13:35. How do you think the act of loving one another can be a platform for proclaiming Christ?
- What is typically your first reaction when you hear about a racial injustice in the world?
- How will you respond the next time someone brings up racial issues with you?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.