As Christians we talk a lot about God’s will. God’s will is basically just what God wants us to do in our lives. But how are you supposed to know what God’s will really is?
- God’s will is always good. We will know God’s will because it is righteous. It is always in God and will be fruitful.
- God’s will is pleasing. The word pleasing is a combination of peace and joy. You will know if it’s God’s will if it brings you peace.
- God’s will is perfect. This perfection manifests itself in God’s timing. God has a perfect time to bring about his perfect will in our lives. Not only this, but the circumstances around God’s will are also perfect.
When you are following in God’s will the people around you will notice. They will see the righteousness and peace in your life. Learn to abide by God’s will through his word, and go out into the world with your eyes set on him.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Though we may not understand it at times, God’s will for us is always for our good. We just need to let God be God, while we trust in His will for us. How does this change the way you view your life?
- Read Psalm 139:15-16. God’s Will is envisioned even before we were born. He saw the days we would live, even while we haven’t lived them out yet. How does this change the way you react to bad news, problems, and unfortunate situations?
- Read Romans 8:27. We need the Holy Spirit in order to know what the will of God is. What is one practice you can commit to doing in order to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.